Lowest prices for your stay
USD 175
Free cancellation until 05/10/21
Hotels.comUSD 163
TravelocityUSD 163
eDreamsUSD 175
All reviews great stay walking distance floor location city squeaky cathedral district
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 September 2019

I really enjoyed my stay here while in Vienna. The main staff members were very helpful and provided a lot of assistance to me in my movement around the city. The beds and rooms were comfortable and its location was optimal for my visit. Short walk to the Stephansplatz and Schwedenplatz as well as a short walk to the other districts. It was affordable as well.

Thank you for the very great experience!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MarkKovacs5
operasuites, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Pension City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2019

Dear guest,

thank you very much for the excellent rating and your kind words! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. Until next time!

Reviewed 21 August 2019 via mobile

An important factor to choose a hotel is the location.
The Pension City in Vienna has this perfect spot.
Located in a side street away from the busy tourist place of St. Stephanplatz and Kärntner Strasse but access to these sights by foot in 5 Minutes or less, the Pension City has this spot.
In the Mezzanine of an old house but clean, renovated and with comfortable rooms and modern bathrooms, the pension city is a good choice if you stay in Vienna for a few days.
The pension has a small dinning room for breakfast, but not other facilities. This is not a problem because once you step out into the streets, you have a large selection of bars an restaurants in the immediate surroundings.
The reception is only occupied for some hours on the morning and the evening. So you might want to plan your arrival accordingly. The staff at the reception is very friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank htmcrp
operasuites, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Pension City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2019

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your kind review! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. Until next time!

Reviewed 5 August 2019

I am very disappointed with the service and management at City Pension. When booking online I accidentally selected the wrong day and realized my mistake immediately. So I emailed them within 5 minutes of submitting the reservation. I would not have taken any of their business and City Pension would be at no loss. The front house staff said it would be possible if approved by the managers. Once the managers were asked if a refund would be possible even with a fee, they declined. It would cost me the full cost of the booking.
By definition service means "the action of helping or doing work for someone." I see no actions of anyone helping me at this hotel. If I could rate zero stars I would.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank M F
operasuites, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Pension City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2019

Dear guest,

we are very sorry for your disappointment! Unfortunately you have booked a special, non refundable offer through Expedia and we did not have any free rooms for the other date you requested. Please note that non refundable Expedia bookings cannot be refunded by us. We are once again very sorry for the inconvenience!

Reviewed 5 August 2019 via mobile

Super nice staff, good looking room, good breakfast, great location. Little price even! The only thing I would fix is the floor beacuse it is squicking in some places but, come on, who cares? :). I would avoid the to come here also for the very near metro

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank girolamop946
operasuites, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Pension City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2019

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your kind words! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2019

I would highly recommend that you avoid staying at this Pension/Hotel. The "Hotel" is on one floor in a building with other activities. The space itself is very old and somewhat shocking in how run down it is. The entire space of the rooms are very old and appear haven't been changed it many years. The worst part is that when you walk in your space the creaking floor is very loud and you can hear it in the other rooms on the floor. So if you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night everyone on the floor can hear you. We also had an issue with a smell of sewer which they noted was due to the age of the building. They brought in some spray to make it somewhat manageable. We travel every year and often in Europe and tend to stay in middle of the road locations/spaces and our expectations are not cheap nor rich and stay in the middle for price and location. What is also shocking is that they have no staff from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.. The only good thing that we had was the great service by every person that worked there.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Mark S
operasuites, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Pension City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2019

Dear guest,
we are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time at our City Pension, however, we would like to comment on some of the points mentioned in your review.
Firstly, when you visit our website, we make it very obvious, that our Pension is located inside of a normal building. Considering our incredibly central location, most hotels in our area work this way.
Secondly, we would like to point out that our rooms are regularly serviced and in no way 'run down'.
Thirdly, we are aware of the fact that our floorboards can be a bit noisy, however, due to the historic nature of the building, there is very little we can do to change this.
Again, it is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay here. Regardless, we would be happy to welcome you back in the future.
Greetings from Vienna, your hosts from Opera Suites