All reviews metro station courtyard garden old world charm sitting room spacious room city centre the hotel manager hotel is located reception area enjoyed our stay minute walk public transport wi fi schonbrunn palace breakfast was excellent furniture mariahilferstrasse
Reviewed 26 April 2018

A bit old-fashioned and definitely not the best location in Vienna, but I actually enjoyed my stay there. It was clean, comfortable and the old-school interior gives the place some charm. In addition, they offer delicious breakfast and the staff was helpful as well. I give it a 5-star because for the price it was outstanding in my opinion

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

You will feel very welcome to this hotel from the very first moment.
Check in was pleasant, including a mice talk.
Room was huge, clean and very comfortable.
Breakfast was excellent.
Location very near the metro stop which grants an easy access to most of Vienna attractions.
Very correct value for the money.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Stayed here as part of a package deal through secret escapes. Which incidentally I thought was a luxury travel brand but this hotel was far from it...
The hotel is situated in quite a run down area of Vienna, very close to the metro station.

On entering, we were greeted by the hotel manager, whose first word to us were ‘have you brought your visa to visit Austria?’ A little Brexit joke I guess but it was not quite the warm welcome I had hoped for!

When we got to our room we tried to turn on the lights but it soon became apparent that the fuses had shorted and the manager had to come up and tinker with the dodgy electrics before we had light in the room! Might have been better to stay in the dark, as what was revealed was a tired, shabby (but massive) room which was drafty and cold at night. Felt a bit like a student flat I rented some 20 years ago...

This place could be lovely but it needs some serious renovation!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Rebecca C
SorinPanus, Direttore at Altwienerhof, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

I must confess I don´t know exactely how to answer this kind of reviews. But there is an english writer Henry Major Tomlinson ( a lot of travel writing ) which said :
"Last week even the sky had a darkened light, the town was grey, and I will not say my own mood was much less critical than old Gollop’s. This was a winter visit, with the wind north-west. We see things not as they are, but as we are ourselves." from a tale called The Gift
We see things not as they are, but as we are ourselves.....

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend in January. The staff are really nice and helpful. The hotel is not the most modern but it is warm and comfortable, the rooms have everything you need and the breakfast is great. The location is very close to train and tram stops. If you want somewhere really central then this isn’t for you, but we enjoyed staying in a more normal part of Vienna, and the public transport system is so good you can get everywhere really quickly. Good value.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Freshnortherly
Reviewed 8 January 2018

This must have been a really nice hotel......., a long-time ago.
The restaurant isn't open for lunch/dinner any more. The view of the outdoor area from our room showed a lack of basic maintenance and messy. The personnel is quirky but polite. The room we stayed in was spacious and clean. However, no facilities in the room except a TV set, a bit disappointing ( no coffee/tea, iron etc..) but the buffet breakfast makes up for it.
The location is interesting...... not far from anything really.
It is a budget hotel so expect the quality and services to commensurate with the price.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple