1,356 results
All reviewsprater parkpraterstern stationcity centreattending a conferencefree wifinice hotelhotel staffclean roomsmin walkshort staylocation is greateasy accesspublic transportstopsairporteurostrain
Reviewed 10 July 2010

The Ibis Wien Messes is next to the Praterstern in Vienna, about 10 minutes level and partly sheltered walk from Praterstern Station. No bus or tram service. At the time of my visit the weather was extremely hot so I was annoyed to find that it was impossible open the windows to let in some fresh air and that I could find no instructions on working the air conditioning. I consequently sweltered. However, my travelling companion said his room was cool. There is a lot of construction work going on around the Hotel at present and the work started around 8am. The staff were friendly and the room was comfortable. Excellent breakfast selection. The Hotel has a restaurant, unlike other Ibis Hotels in Austria, but I did not sample it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank demshur
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I'm sure this hotel is normally very nice but they are building a new hotel adjacent to it and it is unbearably loud. Every room. They told us as we were checking out that they could have moved us to a new hotel which I thought was rude but I recognize they must be dealing with irate customers non-stop. It really is that bad. Banging and drilling inside and out starting at 7.30am. At least they offered ear plugs...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We were dissapointed for staying a very costly hotel. Unfortunately we didn't have many options for accommodation at night time otherwise we would have stayed elsewhere.
The room was very small, but clean and tidy. For the amount of money we thought we would get better.
We weren't told that there were renovations done on our floor or mind the workmen.
Location was good to local train station.

Breakfast was probably the only highlight was it was only $10 for fabulous buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ozzietripper
Reviewed 1 July 2010

1. Location - location is not htebest if you plan to do sightseeing in Vienna. It's not far from the Schoenbrunn Palace - 6-7 tram stops, but to get to the cente ryou either need to walk for about 30-35 minutes, or take different transportation. The hotel is app 7 minute walk from the central station.
2. Rooms in this hotel are very small. There was no fridge or a safe. The view that we got however was great - the windows were overlooking an old church across the street. No bath in the bathroom, just a walk-in shower cabin.
3. Hotel staff - receptionists were helpful and friendly. On our arrival we were asked for the floor we wanted to be in, and we could choose the view of the room (inside garden or outside street). They also helped us with restaurants suggestions in the area (as hotel restaurant was closed).
4. Restaurant - this was a big downside for us as we were hoping to get room service (food). But we couldnt order anything as restaurant was simply closed the whole time. We ended up going to the place nearby that served delicious home-made food. Breakfast was good - good sausages, omlette, croissants, omlettes, salad, etc.

Overall a decent hotel, but for my next trip i would choose something closer to the center and with bigger rooms.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This hotel is very close to the Vienna West Station but because of lack of signposting getting out the station and to the hotel can take 15 mins. There is a tram stop right outside the hotel but unless you are buying a 24 / 48 hour ticket there is not much point buying it to travel 1 stop.

The check-in was very good and I was soon in my room (don't if you are on the first floor think you can walk up with bags, as due to offices etc the 1st floor with rooms is actually the 3rd floor.

Only problem was lack of waste bin in room and I did lose some paperwork as it was picked up while my room was being cleaned.

Tip for tram etc... turn left after coming out hotel and walk to U bahn station for tickets and links to southern vienna.

Free use of computers in foyer very good. Mice and keyboards held behind reception

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo