“A Great Hotel to experience the Austria culture!”

Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien
Ranked #115 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The hotel was at a great location. We were one block from the Opera House and walking distance to most sites and not far from the U-Bahn. Our room was a corner room, spacious with 3 large windows and tiny balcony with double doors. Being from the humid southeast of USA, it was great to have windows open, especially to wake up with fresh air in the morning. The buffet breakfast was excellent with many options. All the hotel staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome and very helpful. Dalia and Miquel at the reception desk were so helpful with all my questions and request. Dalia found out it was my husband's birthday and had fruit and chocolates sent our room. We will definitely stay here when we have the chance to return to Vienna again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

It's all about location at a reasonable price when you are traveling for work.
So this hotel was a great pic as a few streets away from the golden triangle and Stephanplatz!

It has an antique feel to it...A bit outdated but charming. And loved the parquet!

Bedroom was clean however, sheets felt like the material of a doctor's scrub...I can't.

Service killed me: it's Austria. They are not famous for their extroverted personalities ;) however, if you work in the hospitality business one supposes you were trained to simply be kind to your guests and make them feel at home, right?

I think a friendly person behind the front desk is all that is important really, with kind conversation, a genuine smile and available to help with things such as: where to have dinner or find an open pharmacy...

One very nice young lady kindly and patiently gave me the info I needed for a dinner reservation. Meanwhile, her colleague forgot that we are in 2017 and that many customers speak/understand more than 1 language...and just slipped a little "just send her to Starbucks" in the conversation as I was leaving the front desk.
Not my idea of courteous service. Yours?

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Assistant_Manager_01, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear guest,

first of all I kindly like to thank you for taking your time to send us your impressions of your stay at Hotel Astoria!

I am very happy that you liked the traditional style of our Hotel. We attach great importance to preserving the traditional old Viennese charm in our house. Of course, this also includes a friendly and competent support of our guests throughout the entire stay. Therefore I politely apologize for the beahvior of our reception employee. Of course, such a behavior does not count to our high quality standard and I will discuss the situation with the affected employee.

I would be very pleased to be able to convince you of our great hospitality on your next trip to Vienna. I am looking forward to see you soon!

with kind regards
Martina Fischelmayer, Assistant Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2017

All other reviewers are right: great location, spacious, attractive, etc. BUT, it's 7 AM on July 11 and it's darn hot in our (executive level) room. They provided 2 fans and will give you another if you request. Also it's right on the main shoppping avenue of Old Town but we didn't find it noisy. Maybe because no vehicle traffic permitted.

Room Tip: Executive room has good space and large bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2017

While travelling with 2 kids, we stayed in this hotel. It is located close to city center, nearby there were may shops and restaurants. The hotel had its own open vallet parking. Staff was very polite and friednly. Family room was sufficient and fit all our requirements. Breakfast could be more various..

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I stayed here in May and loved it from the moment I walked in the entrance. It was just as expected, old world elegance and charm. All the staff I encountered were very friendly. The reception staff were extremely helpful on several occasions. I do not hesitate in recommending this hotel. The location is superb! It is so central to many Vienna highlights and handy to the trains and trams. The breakfast was great, again with friendly staff and a very good selection.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo