Hotel Bristol Vienna
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 292*
USD 157*
Hilton
USD 307*
  • Restaurant
Austria Classic Hotel Wien(Vienna)(Great Value!)
USD 105*
USD 185*
USD 178*
Travelocity
1,591 results
All reviewsopera houseold worldopera suiteluxury collectionstarwood pointswalk in closetluxury hotelsmall balconyconcierge staffperfect locationmarble bathroombeautiful hotelturn down servicestate operadeluxe roombeautiful roomsitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2012

What a huge disappointment! This used to be a fabulous, historical hotel. It is now a tourist trap, overpriced, inferior service...do not waste your time or money.
We paid hundreds of dollars for an ordinary room. The toilet was in a closet...not even connected to the extremely small bathtub shower with a tiny sink. Awful, awful, awful. Don't bother complaining to the staff. They don't care.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fred S
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Dear Madame / Sir,
thank you for your comment. The feedback of our guests is important to us. We evaluate all guest comments frequently to maintain and improve our services. I regret that you were not satisfied with your recent experience at our hotel. I understand that in particular you were not pleased with the room provided. I can assure you that we do care about our guests and that we do take any feedback extremely serious. I am looking at all feedback personally on a daily basis and my associates strive hard every day to live up to our guests expectations. I hope that you will give us another chance in future so that we can convince you that the Bristol still is a special place here in Vienna that provides great service in an excellent location. Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2012

The Bristol is a landmark of a hotel. It is quite a site to behold. The rooms are QUIET despite its proximity to a major transit hub and to Stephanplatz. The service is also great and attentive. However, I believe it may need to modernize a bit. The carpets though beautiful need to at least be "reconditioned". Internet service is extremely slow. A little attention to bath products and their replenishment may be needed. Other than that, our stay was VERY comfortable - beds are cozy and comfortable, sound level is low, rooms are spacious, bathrooms are as big as can be and like I said, the service is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jmrmd
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Madame / Sir,

thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and feedback. I understand that overall you had a pleasant stay with us. I would like to reassure you that we are constantly upgrading our rooms and public areas. In fact currently we are restoring our banquet floor as well as our Mezzanine Floor where we create new suites and rooms. We are constantly investing in our product to ensure it is being kept up to date. As the Bristol is a historic property this is of course an ongoing process and it is being undertake with great care so not to disturb our operation. Thank you again for your patronage. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future! Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We recently stayed here and had a good visit. My main comment which not really a complaint but rather a comment of the opera view rooms. The rooms are fine although the bedroom door and closet door were a constant challenge to navigate. However I am not convinced that the upgrade cost to an opera view is really worth it. The view is fine but it still is just a view of another building. We enjoyed Vienna and all the fine buildings in our wandering but to pay extra for only when I am briefly in the hotel room did not seem quite worth it. Again, however, the hotel is very nice aNd the staff is extremely helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Madame / Sir, thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback very much. I understand that you had a nice stay at our property but you were not convinced about the Opera view from your room. I can assure you that the Opera being one of the major landmark buildings of Vienna, is a highly requested view by our guests. But I understand that this was your own perception about it. On another note, it is correct that some rooms have bathrooms that can only be reached through pocket doors, which however in our view adds a nice flavor to the room experience and in fact most guests perceive it as very charming. Again thank you for your comments. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2012

BEST parts of our 5 nights stay in Hotel Bristol: 1) Location, location, location. Could not beat it!! Next to the opera, next to a Metro station (2 doors down and around the corner to Karlsplatz station),2) beautiful hotel with decor, 3) wonderful staff at front desk (extra accommodating), 4) nice big bathroom, 5) Location (did I mention that?).
OPPORTUNITIES for improvement: 1) ventilation system...smelled cigarette smoke all night on night 4 of our stay and a few times during the other times; 2) thin walls...heard a baby crying twice one night (night 3), next door; 3) no coffee maker in room and none in lobby 4) almost no counter space in bathroom...it was big and marble, but the sink was a pedastal with a small shelf above it; 5) temperature system....we were sweating the first night...cranked up the AC, then asked staff to assist and they said we had adjusted all we could. We realized we needed to keep the curtains closed and the door closed to the hallway to keep the coolness in the bedroom. 6) the room was a bit small and no opportunity for an upgrade.

We used our starwood points for 4 nights and got #5 free as well as the inroom wifi. The lobby was a bit stuffy and we thought at first we had to order Euro5 cokes to sit in the big space. Business was being conducted, folks were eating and drinking. I learned later that a purchase was not required to enjoy that old world space. You got a big hunky key at check in so had to turn it in each time you left the property. The bed was firm and there was free water and fruit each night when we returned to the room. PS: we were in room 478, top of stairs/elevator on 4th floor. Might need to avoid it.

Overall it was a 4, not a 5. Would we stay there again if we return to Vienna? Not sure because of the ventilation and lack of sound proofing. Le Meridien is close by and we may need to check it out if we return to Vienna.

One more note about Vienna: love the transportation system. Metros are FAST and efficient. Light rail is easy to navigate/learn. One ticket gets it all for you!!! Loved it!!!

Room Tip: The front desk offered us a room that faced the front on the main road. It had a balcony, but we had no need to stand on the small, Juliet-style balcony. If you are with Starwood, ask for the upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Madame / Sir,

Thank you for your comment posted on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your honest and open feedback. We constantly strive to improve our services and offerings. With regards to your comments I would like to respond in the same order that you have mentioned them:
I appreciate your accolades about our location, staff and interiors. With regards to your opportunities for improvement allow me to state the following:
- I will look into your comment about the walls - some noise (like crying of a baby) can be disturbing even with regular walls - I can assure you that our walls are solid.
- It is correct that we have no coffee makers in our rooms as most guests like to try the Viennese coffee specialties in our bar
- the A/C system is new and it should not have been any problem to adjust temperature in your room. I will however have a conversation with our engineering department to see if this particular room (thanks for mentioning it) needs some adjustment. Again thanks for your feedback! It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back! Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Vienna was the last city of a 2 week trip that included 5 cities. So we were pretty beat when we got to Vienna. While I don't think that I got a full feel for what Vienna is about as my main day was a Sunday and the museums were closed, I can say, that it was WONDERFUL to have the Hotel Bristol to relax in. I had a suite and I cannot tell you how lovely and charming the room was. I seriously felt like the Queen with 2 marble bathrooms and a fireplace. I took long baths in this gorgeous bathroom and was able open my balcony doors and hear Opera from the Opera house across the street (they must pipe it outside.) It just had so much history that I found myself wishing that the walls could talk.

I ate breakfast downstairs twice and each time it was very good. The dining room is exquisite and I only wished that I had been able to have dinner there. It's definitely in a great area as it's centrally located to everything. All in all, the hotel is definitely 5 star and the service was impeccable as well.

I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Dear Madame / Sir,

thank you for your comments posted on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again to the Hotel Bristol! Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager