See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Having previously stayed in another 5* hotel nearby this hotel did not compare favourably. Except its great location, no value for money at all. We had a twin room that was the smallest ever. It was so tiny with almost no storage space, with a partial view of St. Stephan roof. As about the cleanliness, not the best at all with certain waste remaining for 2-3 days in the bedside table and in the carpet. Breakfast was good, but not outstanding and not in a real breakfast restaurant, but somewhere in the lobby. Staff was polite and helpful and when I asked for slippers and for a toothpaste, the housekeeping brought them.
What's good? 1. location 2. free wi-fi 3. free mini bar
What's bad? 1. The smallest ever room. 2. Small bed 3. Small and not clean bathroom 4. No slippers and further amenities 5. NOT A 5* HOTEL

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2010

The best part of the hotel is its close proximity to all the main parts of town which was good for exploring the city. I was in a standard room which while being clean was very small and a bit dated ito furniture and decor which i thought wad odd given that it was Blu which is usually associated with being more trendy and modern...at least the mini bar was free and replenished each day :) The breakfast was pretty good and the service and help from the concierge was pretty good so all in all a decent stay,.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
PalaisManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2010

Dear Zaidhimself,

thank you very much for your feedback regarding your experiences here at the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel in vienna.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Kind regards from vienna

Reviewed 22 October 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and had an excellent stay
Staff exceptionally polite and helpful
Breakfast excellent
Free wi-fi in room
Great location
Okay so eating/drinking in hotel is expensive but plenty of choice around the hotel
Free mini bar in room
Had flat screen tv in room (contrary to older reviews)
Pianist in the evenings is relaxing after busy day!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank jenicol
PalaisManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2010

Dear Jenicol,

thanking you very much for sharing your thoughts we are very glad that you obviously enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel as well as Vienna.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon in the Radisson BLU Palais Hotel.

with best regards

Reviewed 13 October 2010

Stayed there for 2 nights and then came back for one more night. After I did the booking I read the reviews and I noticed that everybody was complaining about the size of the rooms and the old furniture. I also read a reply from the manager stating on September 2010 that the refurbish was almost done. I can assure that as of October 10th 2010 none of the rooms I stayed (6th and 7th floor) were recently refurbished and I did not see any builders working in the hotel whatsoever. Looking forward to see his/her reply now. I have never been in a 5 star hotel where the rooms are so small. I would have thought there is a minimum requirement to qualify as a 5 star hotel but it seems it doesn’t apply to the Radisson Blu Palais Vienna. Location was good and check-in was okay. I arrived at noon and my room was not ready. I was asked to come back an hour later. When I came back at 1:30 my room was still not ready so I asked the receptionist to speak to the manager. The receptionist spoke a few times in German with the manager on the phone and finally they gave me a standard room (still don’t understand if the room was ready why they did not give it to me at first?? – were they saving it for someone else??). Pictures in the web page do not correspond to a standard room.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank ScanLondon
PalaisManagement, Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2010

Dear ScanLondon,

thanking you very much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay, please be kindly informed, that we have not promoted the renovation, rather the finish of the renovation planning, last time on the 6th of September.

The difference of size and decor of our rooms is related to the structure of the "governmental protected heritags" building and therefore we regret to not be able to show all different pictures of our 247 rooms.

As stated in the past months, we will let all the community know about the further steps and the beginning of the major renovation.

Best regards from Vienna

Reviewed 11 October 2010

What's good: the location, quality of breakfast

Where's room for improvement: Poor service quality at reception desk. When checking in at 9 pm, I had to wait at least 1o minutes as the lady telephoned. I was not in their focus. When ckecking out also an absolute indifferent attitude was present.

The rrom was very small,, the furnishment from the 70's with a TV set that might be worth 5$. No real breakfast restaurant, but places in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business