“Good value for the price”
Review of Hotel Vienna Urban

Hotel Vienna Urban
Ranked #19 of 201 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
Belgrade, Serbia
“Good value for the price”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Everything was clean and modern, the room and bathroom were big, the staff was friendly and helpful. It only takes 10 minutes to get the center of Vienna by U Bahn. Palace Schönbrunn is very close to hotel so don't miss the chance to visiti it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed here in August on our way to Western Europe. The hotel has a good location on the route to Linz and also it's close to the U-bahn at Schonbrunn.
The rooms are indeed large and the bathrooms also. The matresses are indeed hard but that was great for us who liked so :)
The breakfast is typical Viennese, with enough varieties to please everyone. The staff is smiling and helpful.
Overall I recommend this hotel for short stays - 1 to 3/4 nights and as someone said before, it's an amazing value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank HadrianB
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Stayed here when it was called Beta Art Hotel, during Summer 2010. Have since seen it listed as Vienna Urban Resort and Vienna Urban Retreat - hope this odd and inconsistent renaming doesn't prevent people from finding and booking this hotel, as it truly is a brilliant find.

My room was a double and was absolutely enormous - by far the biggest hotel room I've ever had in a European hotel. For the price, the norm would probably be a tiny, ill-equipped and not particularly clean room, when this hotel offered a huge room with sofa, flatscreen TV, equally huge bathroom, luxury shower, nice toiletries, high-quality linen.... It really couldn't be bettered, especially since bilingual staff were very friendly and helpful.

Only slight negatives: not the most salubrious street (not much in way of decent shops or restaurants), but easy walking distance of several metro stations and extremely easy to get around the city quickly, which more than makes up for lack of beautiful location. Also, no airconditioning meant my room was very, very hot - but it was a real heatwave in Vienna and huge windows meant I could at least get some breeze through the room.

This hotel is a gem, have since recommended it to a friend and her husband who stayed there in December 2010 and also loved it. Truly fantastic value - it just needs to get its name and website/s sorted out so it isn't such a drama to figure out that you are actually booking the right place...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2010

Went to the Vienna Urban Resort Hotel as Vienna was overbooked and my reservation to my other hotel was one day after. So I booked to Vienna Urban Resort Hotel online and I was very surprised. This hotel is very clean , bathroom are as in a 4 stars hotel. Rooms are very big and the hotel is clean. Internet is free in the room with Wifi.... I have to say that its a very good hotel for this price.... the only point is the metro u-banh is 5 minutes walking.. anyway not very bad as it is on the same street.. I liked this hotel and I will recommend it ! Thanks

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We stayed in Beta Art Vienna Hotel for 10 days/9 nights in August 2010.

Advantages. We liked bed in our room. It was very big and very comfortable in our opinion. Typical breakfasts (tea, coffee, milk, water, apple and orange juices, cheese, cold cuts, 5 kinds of jam, yoghurt, fruit salad, different kind of bread, pastry). Bus stop is almost opposite the hotel. Schonbrunn, one of Vienna sights, is not far from the hotel. Ladies, who serve breakfast, are very helpful and if any course from the breakfast table finished, they immediately brought new portion. Our room was on the last floor, just under the roof and it was a great view from our windows. A rather cheap store where it's possible to buy food is near the hotel.

Disadvantages. There was no iron in the hotel. No radiator in the bathroom, that's why it was rather difficult to dry socks, panties, etc. City center is very far. On the 2nd day of our stay in Austria we decided to go out of Vienna and went to Baden for the whole day. The weather was excellent in the morning: the sun was shining and there were no clouds in the sky. That's why we decided not to close windows. We thought that maid will do it by herself as it was in other hotels in other European countries. But unexpectedly, in the afternoon, heavy rain started. It was raining for the whole second part of a day. When we returned we found out that all 3 windows in our room stayed open for the whole day. As a result, our MP3-players, which were on the table under the window, were spoiled with rain, carpet was totally wet and it was like a bog for the next 6 days. So, if you get a room on the last floor you mustn't forget to close all windows everyday in spite of the weather.
But the biggest trouble happened later. Two days before leaving Vienna and Austria we found out that money, which had been saved for hotel payment (700 euro and around 6000 rubles. Russian rubles are coloured and look like euros), had disappeared. I told to a receptionist about it. I also told her that I didn't want to go to the police station, which is not far from the hotel, by the way. It happened on Thursday evening. She told that the manager of the hotel was on leave now, but she would tell to the deputy manager and they would try to solve my problem. On Friday, the next day, nobody told me anything. They just didn't notice me. On Saturday, our last day in Vienna and in Austrian, a receptionist changed. In the morning she asked me whether it's me who had such problem. I said yes, it's me. I told her again that I didn't want to go to police, because I didn't want to make any trouble to the hotel and to the hotel staff, I just wanted to get my money back. I also told her, that if till the evening money wasn't returned I would have to go to th epolice. She said, that she understood me and that she would do all her best to help me. When in the evening we returned a man was at the place of a receptionist. He pretended that he knew nothing about me and my problem while I didn't ask him whether he had money for me. He began to tell that he didn't have any money for me etc. He even didn't apologize for this incident. I said ok, if you didn't have money, then I would have to go to the police. I was very surprised when he told that I could't go to police. When I asked why, he could answer nothing. So, I went to the police station and wrote a report (a copy of a report is with me). When I returned his behaviour fully changed. He became very rude with me. But I didn't care because it was my last minutes in this hotel. I left it and will never stay there again.

You see, that sum of money, which has disappeared, is my month salary. We didn't take too much money with us. When we were planning our journey we didn't want to spend all 10 days in Vienna, we were planning to visit other towns also. It was at the end of our journey and I had to save our last money to pay for the hotel. Last 2 days we lived for 20 euros. Because of this incident we couldn't visit many museums and places, which we were planning to visit, because we didn't have money for that.

Do you know how it's terrified to be in a foreign country with a foreign language, which you don't know perfectly, with a sister, who is 10 years younger than you and you are responsible for her, without money???????? More than that the Embassy of your country is closed and nobody wants to help you. Want to know what I felt? Stay in Beta Art Vienna Hotel.

In some booking sites this hotel has changed the name. Now they are Vienna Urban Resort Hotel (address: Sechshauser Straße 83)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends