“Hidden pearl”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Neighbourhood: Josefstadt
Neighbourhood: Josefstadt
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly restaurant with mussel dishes snd nice seafood. Good variety of dishes. Worth the effort to find it.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

I just walked by this place, not expecting much, but wow, I was so lucky to stop here. Top-notch quality. You could really taste the freshness. Lovely muscels and pasta. Very friendly staff, including the chef/owner that I had a quick chat with. Will definately return on my next visit.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We enjoyed the a) mussels with pieces of tomato and b) spaghetti anchovy.
a) The mussels and the stock were delicious! Quality and taste of the mussels as if you were eating directly on the seaside. The subtle stock emphasized the mussels perfectly! For my liking the white bread was a little to crispy, but given the delicious food I didn't seriously care.
b) Same experience as with a): the meal was just delicious! Al dente spaghetti, best quality and taste of the fish!

It was the first time we ate at "Muscheln und mehr", the chef welcomed us as a friend, the waitress was equally nice.
The food is worth every cent. We are definitely going to eat there again.

If you like clams - this is the place to be!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Restaurant is homelike and very cosy,with fresh seafood and attentive but unobtrusive service
I would definitely recommend!!

Date of visit: November 2017
Muschelnundmehr, Wirt at Muscheln & mehr, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words!
Looking forward to welcome ou two again.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

I visited this restaurant recently and ordered their "Vongole Veraci", although my party enjoyed other dishes also. I was shocked by the lack of quality in the preparation (strangely cut onions and tomatoes, spaghetti cooked in unsalted water, much of which was poured straight onto my plate) which looked as though a complete novice had prepared a dish without instruction. The ingredients were also shabby, the mussels which are described as fresh looked and tasted identical to frozen produce, the tomatoes used were the palest I have ever had the displeasure to taste.

I'm shocked to find out there are actual tourist traps opening in an area that is actually quite well stocked with decent culinary establishments. I cannot emphasize enough how disgruntled and loveless this establishment left our party.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank EnglishGent1080
Muschelnundmehr, Wirt at Muscheln & mehr, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Mr EnglishGent1080,
thanx a lot for the time you took for the rating altough you were disappointed.
I'm sorry that you didn't like the Spaghetti Vongole. Be sure the Vongoles are fresh, I can show it to you anytime when the M&m is open, I NEVER use frozen or bad quality. The "water" is the liquid in the mussles, when they open it runs out, actually it's saltwater, there is no other liquid used!
But what I really wonder is, if you didn't like what you got, why didn't you tell it and send it back?
This would be very good in many ways, here are two of them:

1. I would have had the chance to speak with you about the pasta and to react properly

2. Why eat up and pay for something you absolutely didn't like, I'm sure we would have found a better solution together.

Thanx again for your feedback!

M&m