Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

from USD 27.80
from USD 39.40
from USD 567.70
1,254 results
All reviews free walking tour great tour tip based informative tour jewish quarter highly recommend this tour interesting stories great overview main sights an excellent guide hour tour beautiful city three hours iva wolfgang julia lada
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Ida was a very good tour guide. Clear, informative and helpful. The tour gave us an overview of popular places in walkable distance before deciding which to visit in depth ourselves. Short drink and toilet break in between.

Date of experience: April 2018
GoodViennaTeam, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Good Vienna Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear CissyLo,

thank you for your great review! Its nice to see that you liked your free walking tour around the historical center of Vienna and that our guide Iva provided you with a lot of new and interesting information.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

On my first day in Vienna I joined the tour by just waking up to them. They were gracious enough to take me without a reservation, and I’m thankful for this because they had a big group.

The first day I took the tour with Wolfgang, by myself, and on the second day my friend had joined me already and we took the tour with Iva.

Wolfgang
He is Viennese himself and as such has very interesting insight into the inner workings of the Culture.
He gave us a historically accurate (im a history buff so I google a lot before and after tours as a rule) and very thorough tour. He walked us from the Albertina all around Ringstrasse, through the Hofburg and then finished in the Jewish quarter.
His explanations are easy to understand and his voice is loud and clear, so even if you’re turning around constantly taking pictures like I do, you can hear his commentary just fine. He was friendly, funny and knowledgeable which is all that you need form a tour guide. Remember these free tours are tip based and don’t be cheap, he is worth it!

Iva
I took the tour a second time the day after when my friend joined me. This time, we got Iva. She’s originally from Prague but in love with Vienna. Her tour style is a bit more millennial and I loved the contrast to Wolfgang because I got more information, different information, and my knowledge of Vienna and understanding of the city culture is so much better now. She carries an iPad and provides visual aids to point out the relevance of the sites we visited, including “homework” to do after the tour, including movies worth watching and other things that should be visited that are not included in the tour like the Hubdertwasserhouse or the Klimt art work in the Belvedere palace.

Both guides are amazing and deserve your undivided attention and the generosity of your wallets.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Regina L

Dear Regina L,

thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! It´s obvious that our tours have left an amazing impression on you and that makes us really happy! Iva and Wolfgang are incredible guides with a lot of knowledge of Vienna, and it´s great that you got to see two different perspectives of this great city.

Please, feel free to join us on our other walking tours. Now you know where to find us! :)

Looking forward to seeing you again & kind regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Our guide was called Wolfgang. The tour was a bit longer than I thought. Our two children aged 14 and 11 thought it was a bit boring but we did learn a lot. If I did it again I would take some sweets for the the kids to keep them happy on the way.
If it had just been me and my husband I would like to have done the Hitler tour as well.
I would recommend.

Dear sunnysam095,

thank you for your great review, we are happy that you were enjoying on your walking tour around Vienna with our guide Wolfgang. It is true that the tours can be a bit long for the children, because we strive to show our guests all the highlights of the historical center of Vienna. It´s a good idea to bring some sweets for them! :)

Feel free to join us on our other tours in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We did this with Wolfgang and he was certainly very knowledgable. The geek in me almost wanted to take my notebook to write notes! We walked around for a while. It's a great way to get to know the main landmarks and ask him whatever you need to know for your stay in Vienna.

Recommended! Great job Wolfgang :)

Date of experience: April 2018
GoodViennaTeam, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Good Vienna Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear MartaGF,

thank you so much for this amazing review and for giving us 5 stars! It´s great that our guide Wolfgang provided you with all the information that you waned to know.

Feel free to join us on our other tours as well!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Mayhem at Albertina Square on our arrival. Tour groups everywhere. Unable to find the free walking tour company I had researched, we were lucky to tag on to Good Vienna Tours. Two suggestions: Reserve your spot on-line and arrive early. We didn't but got very lucky.
Be prepared for quite a bit of walking. Our guide, Julia, was excellent and a wealth of knowledge. Over the three hour walk we visited many of the main sights. It's a very enjoyable and efficient way to hit many of the highlights of the city.

Date of experience: May 2017

Dear Peter J,

thank you for taking time to write us an honest review, and rating us with 5 stars. We are glad to see that you were able to get the spot in our free walking tour around Vienna, and enjoy in the sights of Vienna with our guide Julija.

You are more than welcome to join us on our other tours!