“Never Ending Banquet”

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Tel. 05356-62178
Description: Tel. 05356-62178
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Never before has 40 Euro gone so far - Fur zwei personnes.
This meal never seemed to end partly due to choosing a set meal for two which I definately recommend.
The food was tasty and the service was well timed.
Restaurant was clean and full of atmosphere.
The best Chinese restaurant that I have dined in for a long time.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

My Dad had read about the restaurant on here so we gave it a go as we love Chinese food. But we weren't particularly impressed with the food, unfortunately.

When we were greeted in the restaurant, we were taken to a table that wasn't even made up, despite the amount of unreserved tables in the back of the restaurant. We even had to ask for napkins. The service was very poor, though I assume it was because there were three different waitresses on during the evening, and they didn't have a great grasp of English so it was difficult to get them to understand exactly what we wanted from the menu. It wasn't busy, most of the time chatting to each other rather than serving their customers.

We opted for prawn crackers and spring rolls to start, of which the former was lovely, though the spring rolls were doughy, small and didn't have enough filling. We hadn't even finished our starters and the mains arrived - far too quickly for our liking.

For the mains, I ordered Beef Szechuan, which was delicious and a good plateful as well. My parents ordered Chicken with Pineapple and one of the three meat special hot plates. Everything was beautifully hot. We also asked for bowls and chopsticks, which wasn't a problem for the staff, despite the difficulties we had when ordering.

We were then treated to a complimentary drink of warm plum wine, a great way to refresh the palette after a meal. Overall, the food was good but not great.

1  Thank Silver117
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Wonderful food supplied from this fantastic place. The beef is top-notch along with the fried rice. I thought I would give it a try as I was staying above. The staff were fantastic and were very helpful (plus free wifi!). We definitely go there again.

1  Thank Sami B
Reviewed 12 March 2015 via mobile

It was pretty average here. Served a purpose but not sure we would visit again in a rush. Food was a bit lacklustre although the service was quick. Restaurant is missing a bit of atmosphere though.

1  Thank laura1181
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We ate there on 2 occasions and were treated like royalty on both.
The food was fantastic.
The owners went out if their way to se to our every need.