“Great history (over 500 years old) and fantastic customer service”

Hotel Weisses Kreuz
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Innsbruck
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I must admit we were a bit flustered when we arrived at this hotel. We had driven for a number of hours, had a big day, it was dark and raining and the GPS at the last minute told us we could not drive to the hotel. It is located in an area of the town where you can only access by car in the early morning, for the rest of the time it is pedestrian traffic only. Having said, that, I blame ourselves for not checking all this more before we arrived. In the end we parked in a public park and walked to the hotel where the very courteous and helpful receptionist told us about how to find their parking location and park in it. Another reason we thought it would be good to tour Europe via train next time! Anyway, after a bit of effort we found the park and with a great deal of difficulty managed to find our way out (we felt like we had managed to escape one of those 'puzzle room games' just to make it out) We stayed in one of the rooms in the newer section of the hotel so I cannot comment on what the historical rooms ar by e like. I was impressed with our room however, it had a good bathroom and separate toilet and great view to the nearby mountains. This hotel was let down a bit by the breakfast buffet, it was OK, but as this was toward the end of our 3 week trip we had been experienced many buffets with a much greater range of options. Note, also the lift in this hotel is so tiny it really just fits two people and luggage. When I asked for an iron I was most impressed with the customer service given. I would be happy to stay in the hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The location of this charming old hotel is in the middle of a busy street but don't let that put you off. It is a wonderful street full of shops, cafes and restaurants. The hotel is very old but has been taken care of. It's not flash but it has a warmth to it that makes you feel like you are in the olden times.
It's not too far from the main station, can easily walk there with a map.
The service was good, the poor woman at reception when we arrived was all alone and doing about 5 different jobs, including changing our room because of a mix up between a double room and a twin share. In the end we were given a twin share room without any hassle. We got a 5th floor room which was pretty much the attic and although I'm not tall, I hit my head on the ceiling when I went to the toilet so taller people may ask to avoid these rooms.
Wifi connection toon was quite good, not super fast and on occasions it dropped out but Innsbruck is such a beautiful place there was no good reason to stay in the hotel any way!
Breakfast was fine but next time I wouldn't include breakfast in my stay, I'd go to one of the many cafes along the street.
I may be biased as I loved Innsbruck but this was a really lovely, charming hotel and I'd stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel has been running continuously as a hotel since the 1400s and has a huge heart of hospitality without being fancy. It’s a bit like a cozy sofa, with lots of floors, lots of rooms, and really helpful staff. There is a dedicated tea room 24/7, the staff are very helpful, and there is the most delicious breakfast encompassing a really broad range of items every day in a number of breakfast rooms. The location could not be more central. The rooms at the front get noisy so if you value sleep, ask for a room closer to the back. We had to be in Innsbruck for a week and we really enjoyed this cozy hotel and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Pros: You cannot beat this hotel for location - right smack-bang in the middle of the old town of Innsbruck. The building itself has a lot of history and feels quite authentic inside. We decided to pay a little extra for a bigger room with a private bathroom and it was really lovely - we were given a big room with a window seat overlooking the main street of the old town. The room was very clean and very comfortable.

Cons: The breakfast was pretty ordinary (the bread was so stale I nearly choked on it). There's also quite a bit of noise from the street at night so if you're a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room at the back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017

This is the best location to be in The lady at the check in was very polite and extremely courteous. The rooms are basic but we had a good view of the golden roof from our window. Loved the Breakfast room. Very rustic and great ambiance. Highly recommend this

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family