All reviewsgolden roofperfect locationold townoriginal featurespedestrian streetboiled eggsinnsbruck cardquaint hotelhistoric buildingtop floorcold cutsparking garagereception areaold world charmminute walk from the train stationbuffet breakfastwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The location of this charming old hotel is in the middle of a busy street but don't let that put you off. It is a wonderful street full of shops, cafes and restaurants. The hotel is very old but has been taken care of. It's not flash but it has a warmth to it that makes you feel like you are in the olden times.
It's not too far from the main station, can easily walk there with a map.
The service was good, the poor woman at reception when we arrived was all alone and doing about 5 different jobs, including changing our room because of a mix up between a double room and a twin share. In the end we were given a twin share room without any hassle. We got a 5th floor room which was pretty much the attic and although I'm not tall, I hit my head on the ceiling when I went to the toilet so taller people may ask to avoid these rooms.
Wifi connection toon was quite good, not super fast and on occasions it dropped out but Innsbruck is such a beautiful place there was no good reason to stay in the hotel any way!
Breakfast was fine but next time I wouldn't include breakfast in my stay, I'd go to one of the many cafes along the street.
I may be biased as I loved Innsbruck but this was a really lovely, charming hotel and I'd stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel has been running continuously as a hotel since the 1400s and has a huge heart of hospitality without being fancy. It’s a bit like a cozy sofa, with lots of floors, lots of rooms, and really helpful staff. There is a dedicated tea room 24/7, the staff are very helpful, and there is the most delicious breakfast encompassing a really broad range of items every day in a number of breakfast rooms. The location could not be more central. The rooms at the front get noisy so if you value sleep, ask for a room closer to the back. We had to be in Innsbruck for a week and we really enjoyed this cozy hotel and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Pros: You cannot beat this hotel for location - right smack-bang in the middle of the old town of Innsbruck. The building itself has a lot of history and feels quite authentic inside. We decided to pay a little extra for a bigger room with a private bathroom and it was really lovely - we were given a big room with a window seat overlooking the main street of the old town. The room was very clean and very comfortable.

Cons: The breakfast was pretty ordinary (the bread was so stale I nearly choked on it). There's also quite a bit of noise from the street at night so if you're a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room at the back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017

This is the best location to be in The lady at the check in was very polite and extremely courteous. The rooms are basic but we had a good view of the golden roof from our window. Loved the Breakfast room. Very rustic and great ambiance. Highly recommend this

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The hotel is extremely well positioned in the old part of Innsbruck. We did not have a car so parking was not an issue but may be for some.

The room was very small and basic. Bathroom was an obvious update and although small had everything. The shower was excellent.

Internet in the room was intermittent but solved by sitting in the guest lounge. There was a room with continuous tea / coffee available and a fridge to purchase soft drink, beer, wine.

Breakfast was appropriate with everything required to start the day.

The hotel is old and work has been done to update throughout.

As suggested by other reviewers it does have a 'hostel' feel to it.

Suggest you read the reviews carefully as they are all relevant. Your experience will be based on your expectations.

Room Tip: A room towards the back will eliminate ongoing street noise but the view at the back is of neighbouring 'roofs'
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple