My wife and I tried S+L for our first time. Similar to Earls and Milestones. We went on a Thursday, apparently there is a live band each Thursday night on the patio.
Some of the good dishes that we enjoyed were:
- Crispy brussels, a good amount of deep fried brussels. Compared to other restaurants, theirs is very sweet. At first a bit strange, but after a while we couldn't stop eating them.
- Pan seared scallaps, which come with gnocchi. Fresh scallops seared perfectly. it comes with 3, but we added an extra scallop.
- Lamb popsicles were also very good. It comes on a bed of humus. Lamb was a bit on the fatty side.
Some OK dishes:
- Crispy Calamari was ok. To us, it was way over-fried.
- Tuna Nicoise was ok. The tuna did not seem as fresh as the tuna salads which have "thick chunks" of tuna. These tuna were cut thin.
- Lobster roll. Unfortunately, I was hoping to have a repeat of the lobster roll that I had in Las Vegas. However, the one in LV cost $20 USD. The S+L version had little chunks of lobster. The lobster was fresh though.
- Chocolate sphere dessert was pretty good. Same idea as the one at Yew. Unfortunately, I did not get too much of a warning before the hot white chocolate mixture was poured onto the sphere - pretty much melts the sphere within a couple of seconds.
The service however was excellent. Certainly come back again. S+L as part of the Joseph Richards Group has a rewards program. You need to download their mobile app. It's similar concept as Starbuck, you have to reload your account in order to pay. As the load increments are $10, you will likely end up having a balance in your account.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.