“Tasty - and reasonable. ”
Review of Nagano

Nagano
Ranked #263 of 720 Restaurants in Salzburg
Price range: USD 12 - USD 52
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

After the disaster that was Tokyo on LinserGasse, we passed this one earlier and thought we should try it out.

Missus had the Katsu Don. Good sized portion served with Miso soup.

I had the tempura Bento box. Good sized portions. 6 small pieces of sushi together with 3 larger pieces with salmon,tuna and another white fish (not sure). Tempura was great. Light batter and crispy.

All in all, tasty - recommended.

1  Thank Marcus L

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Was looking for some comfort food as basically a lot of meat dishes while traveling through Europe/Central Europe. Wife was looking for a dish with rice and ordered the Tendon over rice which she just loved. I was looking for a good udon dish with nice clear broth - this I got with the Tempura Udon. Nice presentation (best I've seen at any Japanese restaurant in the US or Japan), perfectly cooked and just what I needed. Good staff and reasonable prices. House sake is very good!

1  Thank 476donc
Reviewed 24 July 2015

My wife and I visited here on vacation.

We eat lot of Japanese food back in the States(as well as when traveling), to include at authentic places. While I wouldn't say it was authentic, the food was good and the prices were reasonable compared to all the other restaurants I saw in Austria, especially as this one is sitting right in tourist central.

We visited after the tour buses left and found a lot of locals eating there.

The service was polite and quick. I'd go back. And I am picky about where I eat.

1  Thank Chuck H
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

food it self wasn't that bad but compared to its value it did not really reached my expectation

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

As an Asian I was looking for authentic asian cuisine in Salzburg city and we came across this restaurant in the heart of the city. Authentic Japanese food, and the seasoning is just right.

1  Thank Noah C