“Good typical Chinese restaurant, with good food”
Review of Chinesische Mauer

Chinesische Mauer
Ranked #250 of 725 Restaurants in Salzburg
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife and I stayed in a hotel nearby so we came here for dinner. Good Chinese food, no surprises, service was polite and the food was good. The restaurant is beautiful, with a glass-roof aquarium right under the floor. I liked the fried sett and sour chicken. We didn't take any desserts and the price was fair.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is not in the city center, it's about 10 mins drive or 35 mins walk from the old town.

We've order the pork with fungus, spicy lamb and egg plant with shredded meat. The tomato egg soup was recommended by the waitress as she said is mainly made for Chinese. Among all the dishes, the pork taste the best. Meat is tender as compare to the lamb. Eggplant was average too, does not really like the texture.

We saw a Chinese lady, guess must be the owner, only socially chatting with a few tables of Austrian customers except us. That feeling was weird and unpleasant.

Other tables when asked for the bill will serve each person a small glass of mix alcohol drink but for us with only two slices of watermelon.

I definitely will not go back again. There are other Chinese restaurants in the town center and the main reason is hate to be treated differently.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Great setting with back yard garden patio. Pretty respectable food -- not the best I've had, but I'd go back.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We went in to the restaurant because we passed it , parked up & entered

The waitress did not have good English but she was patient & helped us once we explained that one of us was Vegan

My vegan companion had mini spring rolls to start & I had battered shrimps with a dip - both were very good

I then had the beef chop suey & she had a vegan dish with the usual
bean sprouts & other vegetables .

The services was excellent ant the food was good with generous portions

Overall better than we could have expected & just off the beaten track in
Salzburg
with a dip - both were

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We ate here as it was next to our Hotel and the weather had taken a change for the worst. We were not disappointed. Portions are large and all mains come with steamed rice. My husband loved the special crispy duck. The fried squid starter was also a winner. Friendly and fast service. Good value for money.