1,778 results
All reviews sacher torte the river pillow menu old town beautiful hotel turn down service pedestrian bridge fresh fruit old world charm classic hotel renovated room piano bar public areas five star hotel beautiful room junior suite the location is perfect
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

A Beautiful building alongside a romantic river over looking an historic city. Gods in heaven. Alls right with the world in Salzburg. The choice of 3 restaurants for different dining styles provided consistently high service and excellent food. The fine dining restaurant takes you back in time to an ornate era when numerous artworks, stuffed animals and antiques created interest rather than clutter.
A simple menu supplemented wit a good wine list and some excellent beers. A truly great hotel experience.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Armie-Angelique, Manager at Hotel Sacher Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear imoore52,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your recognising our privileged location, high level of customer service and culinary offerings.

It will be my pleasure to share your comments with my team, as they will no doubt be delighted to know that their efforts are very well appreciated.

Rest assured that we would continually provide you with the best services and personalised care at all times, to ensure yet another truly great hotel experience in Salzburg.

Best regards,
Armie-Angélique Lassiwe

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel have the most beautiful view of the Salzach river, a great restaurant and is really close to the most to see attractions of Salzburg like the Mozart birthplace and the forte is a really warm and charm stores that make you want to be on cams season all the time!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Gigihagi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Hotel Sacher Salzburg.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed recent visit.
We are indeed in a lucky position, to offer our guests a special location next to the river, and a short walking distance to the old town. We are very grateful that our guests can benefit from all this, which ultimately contributes to a memorable stay with us.

It was an honour to welcome you in our hotel and we are all looking forward to many returns in the future.

Best regards,
Armie-Angélique Lassiwe

Reviewed 29 January 2017

I booked the Sacher Hotel after seeing it on my last visit to Salzburg and I was determined to treat myself to it - I was NOT disappointed! Yes, it is not cheap but when even the basic twin room has it's own entrance with luxurious separate bathroom and toilet, dressing area and a gorgeous bedroom with seriously comfortable beds, it is worth every cent. Salzburg is an impressive, magical place but with snow it's like a fairytale! On this visit, we have a lot of snow about and the weather was sunny - everything sparkled! What made the trip so fantastic was the incredibly friendly and professional service from Hotel Sacher's staff, particularly Dietmar on Reception. We did every one of his suggestions and weren't disappointed. Not only was he extremely helpful, but he was so friendly and welcoming. The ONLY thing that I would change is the level of heat in the cafe - it was oppressively hot to the point of uncomfortable. Aside from that, I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a bad room in this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Eyeball09
Reviewed 24 January 2017

I stayed at Hotel Sacher in November. We had a really good experience. The room was well equipped with all amenities. Our room was overlooking the river and was a nice one on the whole. We were quite disappointed with the sacher torte though since it was dry.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We visited as a family just prior to Christmas. Front desk staff and service were top notch. Rooms were well appointed and well equipped. Common areas were outstanding especially the "living room" off the main lobby. The Christmas tree, which extends from the ground floor just across from the Front Desk, up through the atrium 3 stories, is not to missed and won't be forgotten. Surprisingly, the Sacher torte, was dry and a bit disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family