All reviews private parking first floor minute walk good size convenient location beautiful city centre breakfast sights
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Rooms - very clean, spacious and comfortable. Have a big desk so my be suitable for business travel as well.
Bathroom - big and clean with good size window
Staff - friendly, helpful, speaking both German and English. Glad to go into details regarding visiting recommendations
Breakfast - divers and tasty
Location - really close to the center - 10-15 min walk; close to restaurants; close to a mini market
WLAN - working fine
Parking - private, at the location

The only thing I would add to the hotel is a small bar area so you can hang out with friends for 1-2 hours in the evening.

I totally recommend this hotel if you look for a relaxing place to stay while you visit the city or if you travel for business.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stayed at the Ganslhof in August and were very happy with our choice of hotel. There is secure parking, our room was large and immaculate, the bathroom was a good size with fluffy towels and a powerful shower and the bed was comfortable. The room looked over the road and although it could be busy at times we were never bothered by road noise.

The staff were very helpful, friendly and efficient and the breakfast was plentiful with a good selection.

It took us about 10 minutes to walk into Salzburg which wasn't a problem and didn't seem that long!

Overall we thought it was an excellent base for exploring this beautiful city, reasonably priced too.

It also had the fastest WiFi I have experienced in any hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We stayed one warm night in August. The location is great-- 15 minute leisurely walk to the center of town. The rooms are small but nicely furnished, with an excellent shower and the fastest Internet connection I had found in a hotel anywhere. Breakfast was good, too. However, our room was on the first floor, 3 feet from the noisy parking lot, so it was impossible to open the window, and since there was no air condition, it was suffocating.
We shall return only if we can get a roo in an upper floor farther from the parking lot.

Room Tip: Stay as far from the parking lot as you can!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UD K
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Comfortable, clean hotel - 15 minute walk out of centre of Salzburg. There were restaurants / bars near to the hotel including a couple of breweries and an excellent Indian Restaurant called Taj Mahal. This hotel is on a busy road but we had a room at the back which was very quiet.

Room Tip: Room at the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2017

-Our room was in another building, so we had to go out for the breakfast. Not a big thing, but inconvenient in winter. I was missing the minibar from the room a bit (not the minibar as such, but I could use the fridge itself). The bed was a bit too soft for me.

+Good selection on breakfast (though, not as good as I've expected from reviews of others). Nice, clean room, nice staff. Very good location, close to old town. Good for its price

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple