All reviews minute walk old town the river quiet residential neighborhood highly recommend hotel bus stop a lovely boutique hotel boiled eggs convenient bus european breakfast excellent shower small hotel we loved our stay private parking no elevator reception staff two blocks
Reviewed 18 January 2015

After a week of driving around Austria on business I decided to end my trip in Salzburg and stumbled across this hotel online. Most of the hotels I'd stayed in earlier in the week were average so after 8 hours in the car on the day I arrived in Salzburg I was hoping for a better experience. Immediately upon arrival I was greeted by a professional and friendly Stefanie who was most helpful offering information on everything I was going to ask for.
The room was lovely with some nice little touches such as a personalised welcome message.
Very comfortable bed and good bathroom with nice soap and shampoo provided.
Wifi worked well in my room despite the booking only advertising public area availability.
Breakfast was easily the most impressive I have seen from such a hotel, all the food was wonderful including some very nice cheeses, cold meats and eco-friendly honey presented in a really novel way. They were also able to provide gluten free bread for me.
It is a short but enjoyable walk into the beautiful city of Salzburg. I used a map to go the back way through the residential estate straight to the river but I wouldn't recommend doing that without a good map as it is a bit of a maze.
I hope to return soon with more time to explore the city properly and I will certainly choose this hotel again. It is a real pleasure to see an independent, family owned hotel being run so well.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2015

We stayed at Hotel Rosenvilla for four days on our Honeymoon through Austria and Prague. I cannot say enough great things. It was clean, the staff is friendly, breakfast is incredible and it's quiet but close to everything. It was a 10-15 minute walk downtown, or there is public transportation right on the corner to the Old Town. It was romantic and quaint and charming. The staff answered any questions we had about restaurants, travel, tourist info and more. The breakfast is included and incredible! The coffee is magnificent, the spread is large - fruits, veggies, meats, cheeses, pastries, cakes - you name it. And they will prepare you a soft boiled egg. The room was gorgeous and clean and modern, and the bathrooms were the best of our trip. If you are coming to Salzburg, stay here! We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
fleischhaker, Manager at Hotel Rosenvilla, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2015

Dear Kate, thank you very much for your review. I am more than glad, that you had a good time while staying with us. Maybe we may welcome you again one time in Austria. Warm regards, Stefanie

Reviewed 20 December 2014

If you're looking for somewhere that serves an absolutely PHENOMENAL breakfast, is super close to the city, quiet, friendly staff and lovely rooms then this is the place for you. Fabulous trip, wouldn't stay anywhere else in Salzburg.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathryn27
Reviewed 10 December 2014

We´ve spend 3 days at this hotel in the end of November and I must say, it is one of the most clients pampering hotel I´ve ever seen. You would feel just like at your loving grandmother´s house - everything, from beautifully decorated rooms to wonderful breakfast from homemade products - something unbelievable! all give you the impress, that you are the most welcome guest ever.
It´s just 3 or 4 bus stops from old town ( or 10 minutes walk) and the bus station is cca 50 m away. Very calm area with nice little garden.
Salzburg is really splendid town - worth the visit, definitely! Old Town (Atlstadt) in not big, but have plenty of stoney streets and squares with churches and old houses - Mozart house is the one with Spar shop in it :-) And beautiful views from top of the old town - Festung - you´ll see whole town all around, with the river Salzach ( it has this fabulous green-blue-grey color of water from glaciers) surrounded by some peaks of Alpes.

Room Tip: We hade and executive suite - something very cozy, with marvelous details in it - like old taps ( Orient - Express style) in the bathroom, walk - in cloakroom and many CD´s, DVD´s and books to entertain you during your rest.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guests, thank you very much for your great review. I am glad, that you liked our way of how we live hospitality. Maybe we may welcome you again one time in Salzburg. Have a good time and kind regards, Stefanie

Reviewed 28 November 2014

After a very warm welcome by Stefanie, my wife and I were shown to the Exclusive Room, it was very spacious, and luxurious, I couldn't remember mentioning our honeymoon on booking but we felt like royalty when looking around the room which had a massive 4 poster bed and a jacuzzi, lovely tv with cds provided and a spacious dressing area. We also had a roomy balcony
Stefanie immediately provided me with a kettle on my enquiry about tea making facilities, together with fresh leaf tea and milk and apple strudel, free of charge.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, all dressed in traditional Austrian dress
The breakfast was extremely nice with a massive choice of food; nice touch getting a boiled egg with a smiley face and woolly hat.
Tips about places to go and buses (they offer cheaper tickets!) to get was a nice touch too
We found that access to the hotel to/from the airport is best served by line 10 bus. If travelling from the airport take the line 10 and get off at Volksgarten which is just after crossing the river. Stay on the same side of the road from this bus stop and walk for 5 minutes and the rear of the hotel is visible from the road and then accessible by turning right
The area is quiet yet convenient enough for a 10-15 minute walk into town, fairly flat and talkes in lovely views along the river.
Thanks to Stefanie and her staff for making our stay truly memorable, we recommend to anyone and would come back
Dave and Sue Kaye

the staff were extremely helpful. We had absolutely evrything we needed

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple