“Great location, super clean and very spacious!”
other travellers have booked this property
bedroom second bedroom
balcony
the house
The house
the house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
TammyP
Iowa
“Great location, super clean and very spacious!”
Reviewed 30 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We used VRBO.com to reserve the largest of the 3 apartments (2 bedrooms, 1 bath, fully-stocked kitchen with table for 6, large living room, balcony with mountain views). All correspondence with Dr. Ruth was thorough, professional and timely. We had a rental car and this is the perfect location in Salzburg if you have a car. The apartment is in the Maxglan region of Salzburg and there is free parking so you can easily make day-trips via convenient access to the interstate/autobahn without having to fight Salzburg traffic. Alternatively, you can easily walk or take the bus to Old Town Salzburg. The walk is about 25 minutes to Old Town but we found 8 or 9 restaurants within a 10-15 minute walk from the apartment. The apartment has complimentary use of a shared washer/dryer which was very convenient. There is also free wifi and satellite TV. My husband and I stayed here alone but I would anticipate the apartment would comfortably accommodate 5 people. It was very clean too! Dr. Ruth doesn't live onsite but she offered that we should contact Mariana (lives downstairs) with any questions or needs. Mariana was wonderful when we needed help with a cab and the Internet went down after a storm. I would recommend this apartment to anyone going to Salzburg.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Dear Tammy
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in our apartment. If you take the shortest way to the historical center it should not take more than 15 walking minutes up to Neutor. Usually my cleaning lady leaves a map on the kitchen table where the way to the center, the next bus stop and 2 supermarkets are drawn in. I hope she did leave one for you. Best wishes, Ruth
Buena Vista, Colorado

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Dear Mary
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Looking forwards to seeing you back in Salzburg, best wishes, Ruth
Unit312J
San Diego, California
“Loved it”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Salzburg is my second home. I've usually stayed in the old town so I have quick and easy access to late night Bosna's and Kasekrainers. But this time I was bringing my family to my favorite place in the world and with a rental I felt it would be easier to have a place out here. We loved it. We did not meet Ruth, but she made things easy. We spent a great six days there. I am very familiar with the area and used to live nearby so getting around was not an issue. I dream, dream, dream of having a place just like this when I retire and come "home". My parents loved the quiet neighborhood setting. Plenty of room and really felt like our house for the weekend. I'll keep it in mind for future travels.

Liked best: quietness
Liked least: house was full so the washer/dryer were often occupied. But we got it done :)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dear guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in Salzburg and at our apartment. Looking forwards to seeing you back some day, best wishes, Ruth
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Overall condition of the property Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The apartment had a home-like, comfortable feel, with lots of books on shelves.
Liked least: We could have had better directions to closest amenities of groceries and bakery. We found them on our own. I think housekeeper didn't leave those details for us, unless she did and I missed finding them..
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Dear guests
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy that you enjoyed our stay in our apartment. Best wishes, Ruth
skelghyl
Kinross, United Kingdom
“Great location in sleepy suburb”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

Set in a quiet neighbourhood only 5 minutes on the regular bus service from Altstadt which stops just a 3 minute walk from the apartment. Comfortable accommodation and handy to have a PC with internet connection. Billa supermarket 8 mins walk to the west and a bakery even closer. The walk into town took us 20 minutes either by following the bus route or via Bayernstrasse and through the tunnel - nice for a change although the bus (using our 14 euro weekly ticket) is always tempting! You can even catch the bus to Europark just next to the bakery mentioned above if you need some retail therapy although don't expect any bargains.

Good value for money for Salzburg. Thoroughly enjoyed our time here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Handy location for our needs with food shops nearby
Liked least: Early morning noise when ironmonger opposite was getting a delivery of metal.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Dear guests
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing