1,205 results
All reviews the club lounge mirabell gardens public pool old town piano bar platinum member train station the river renovated room front desk staff bit dated junior suite an upgrade excellent hotel would highly recommend this hotel minute walk an easy walk
Reviewed 24 December 2014

As this hotel is connected to convention center, it will be ideal place to live if you have business meeting in convention center. Mirabell garden is at one side of the hotel. You can walk to many touristic attractions and restaurants. Staff at breakfast place are exceptionally good.

Room Tip: Take a room at the side Mirabell garden.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

Dear SKP77,

Thank you very much for sharing with us and other travellers your latest experience here at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. It is a pleasure for me to read that you have been satisfied with your stay with us. Furthermore I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, I will definitely forward your comment to our staff.
Hopefully you take into consideration to visit us again soon.
With best regards from Salzburg

Reviewed 17 December 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night in early October. The hotel was fantastic. The lounge is absolutely the best we've ever seen. The room was spacious and the staff fantastic. We were traveling for a special occasion and even got a special present at checkin. Overall, the atmosphere was great and it was a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vitaly B
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2014

Dear Vitaly B,

I would like to take the liberty to thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you have been satisfied with your stay with us. Furthermore it is great to read that you enjoyed our Club Lounge and your room. We would be delighted to welcome you back soon. In the meanwhile I remain with my best regards

Reviewed 8 December 2014

No response from front desk staff on room problem with broken a/c, until I threatened to move away, they then took action, bell boy with such terrible attitude delivered us non working keys for new room, just "throw" us the keys and left! Never witnessed any poorer attitude as a Lifetime Platinum member at Starwood and Platinum at Marriott!

Worst when asked how to take bus to old city, they just told us walked outside and waited at bus stop and does not bother to tell us which bus number and direction at all. King size bed is actually 2 twin pushed together so u cannot sleep in the middle at all !!

Then food is terrible at lounge, better to stay at the luxury collection at the old city if u want to stick to starwood hotels.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2014

Dear Frequent T,

I really feel sorry that you have been that disappointed from the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it`s apparent in this case, we fell short. I sincerely regret your unfortunate experience. Nevertheless we hope to have you back at Sheraton Salzburg Hotel allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you expect and deserve. I would be happy to make your reservation personally. I remain with my best regards

Reviewed 8 December 2014

My first reaction to my room was "wow." I arrived around 10 pm and the staff was friendly, helpful and check-in was very quick and efficient (very appreciated since I was tired).

The room was spacious, very clean and extremely comfortable. Since I was coming from a hotel that had VERY SLOW Wi-Fi, I immediately noted and appreciated the ease of access and the speed of the connection.

I didn't opt for the breakfast buffet but did take advantage of the free coupon for a coffee at the piano bar. It was great.

Since most of my stay was paid with points and I used the in-room vouchers for drinks, etc. , I really appreciated that fact that I was treated with the same respect and service as a "full fare" guest. (which isn't always the case in the U.S).

I would recommend the Sheraton to anyone who wants to stay in Salzburg and would definitely stay again if I have the chance.

It would be nice if it was closer to city central but it is such a wonderful place to visit, I didn't mind the walk.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo

Dear Tory Y,

Thank you for your positive words about the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel in your review. I am glad that you were satisfied with your room and it always makes me proud reading about my helpful and friendly staff. Our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service. We look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Salzburg Hotel back soon and being of service to you on many occasions.
Best regards

Reviewed 6 December 2014

Little tough driving in to the hotel as it is essentially on the main route through town to the old town, so it was quite congested....but that's not the hotel's fault, lol. Parking garage next to the hotel.

Friendly, very welcoming staff. Hotel itself is a bit on the dated side, décor wise, but everything is clean and in good order. Same for the room. Some nice touches like a second door separating the entry door to the room from the hallway to minimize noise. Very comfortable beds. Bathroom looked newly renovated and was well appointed with separate tub and shower.

Asked the desk what time the sauna/fitness area was open until and they said "until ten, but if you need it longer, let us know". I did and they kept it running until we were done. Sauna (dry and steam sauna) was spotless and very nice. Large dry sauna cabin..definitely tuned to the hotter side of the scale, lol. Needs a rubber mat in the tile entry area as it was scalding on the feet. We laid a towel on the floor to get in and out. Steam sauna was perfect. Only issue is that the relaxation room is not in the same closed off area as the sauna so I felt a little odd being only in my towel relaxing in a room right off the main hall to the exercise room. Regardless, a very pleasant experience.

Great breakfast setup with a friendly, welcoming staff.

Short walk to town through the Mirabelle gardens. Such a lovely town and a good location from which to explore it.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear biztrav123,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
I am glad that your time with us was to your complete satisfaction. Our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service. We would be delighted to welcome you back soon. I remain with my best regards from Salzburg