1,205 results
All reviews the club lounge mirabell gardens public pool old town piano bar platinum member train station the river renovated room front desk staff bit dated junior suite an upgrade excellent hotel would highly recommend this hotel minute walk an easy walk
Reviewed 6 December 2014

Little tough driving in to the hotel as it is essentially on the main route through town to the old town, so it was quite congested....but that's not the hotel's fault, lol. Parking garage next to the hotel.

Friendly, very welcoming staff. Hotel itself is a bit on the dated side, décor wise, but everything is clean and in good order. Same for the room. Some nice touches like a second door separating the entry door to the room from the hallway to minimize noise. Very comfortable beds. Bathroom looked newly renovated and was well appointed with separate tub and shower.

Asked the desk what time the sauna/fitness area was open until and they said "until ten, but if you need it longer, let us know". I did and they kept it running until we were done. Sauna (dry and steam sauna) was spotless and very nice. Large dry sauna cabin..definitely tuned to the hotter side of the scale, lol. Needs a rubber mat in the tile entry area as it was scalding on the feet. We laid a towel on the floor to get in and out. Steam sauna was perfect. Only issue is that the relaxation room is not in the same closed off area as the sauna so I felt a little odd being only in my towel relaxing in a room right off the main hall to the exercise room. Regardless, a very pleasant experience.

Great breakfast setup with a friendly, welcoming staff.

Short walk to town through the Mirabelle gardens. Such a lovely town and a good location from which to explore it.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2014

Dear biztrav123,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
I am glad that your time with us was to your complete satisfaction. Our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service. We would be delighted to welcome you back soon. I remain with my best regards from Salzburg

Reviewed 13 November 2014

Terrific location , on the edge of Mirabell Gardens. Check in was smooth , our room exceedingly comfortable (suggest a junior suite , worth the upgrade). We made good use of the lounge, such pleasant staff , delicious omelets as well as a beautiful array of snacks and beverages. But what truly set this hotel apart was the quality of sleep. I never sleep well in hotels and travel with ear plugs and a sleep mask. I didn't need them here , due to the soundproofing and black out curtains. We would not hesitate to return!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2014

Dear margo92,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
I am glad that your time with us was to your complete satisfaction. Furthermore I am happy to read that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds. We would be delighted to welcome you back soon. I remain with my best regards from Salzburg

Reviewed 10 November 2014

This is the second time at the Salzburg Sheraton Hotel. I suggest to choose this modern Hotel for the high standard of services, the garage underground and the position directly over the Mirabell Gardens and because it is at only 10 minutes walking to Salzburg Cathedral. As mentioned the qualities of services are very high. When you arrive they park the car for you ( thanks to Dragan for the attentions ;) ). At the reception there are very professional and kindly people like Mr Hermann that satisfy every requests you have but every one of the staff is very polite.
The rooms are well cleaned and full of gadget like coffee machine, ironing board, plasma TV, a large bathroom and a enormous safe that can contains a laptop and several other thing. The morning breakfast is sumptuous and made with good ingredients. Recommended.

Room Tip: The first and the fifth floor are completely renovated.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CheGueJack,

Thank you indeed for this wonderful review here at TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guests allows us to constantly improve our service. For me as the General Manager and leader of our great team here at Sheraton Salzburg Hotel it is a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with your stay and the service of our staff. I will immediately forward your comment to Dragan and Hermann. We would be happy to have the chance to welcome you back soon whenever your travel plans lead you back to Salzburg. In the meanwhile I remain with my best regards

Reviewed 9 November 2014

So this was definately one of the best value for money stays we have done. We ended up spending two nights here on the experience package which included a free salzburg card, tour, 3 course dinner, breakfast, internet and late check-out. The rate for this package was close to the discounted rate for just the room and therefore this ended up all being included for "free".

The room is just next to the bus stop and walking distance to the train station. We arrived at 11pm in the evening and did the walk with our bags. It is well located (but then again, so should most hotels due to the size of Salzburg :)

The rooms were spacious (especially for Europe) but dated. However there was more than adequete hanging space in the cupboards and bathrooms were modern. The mattress was probably one of the best ones we have slept on while travelling! The rooms were clean and well serviced.

The breakfasts were good and I especially enjoyed the waffles and nespresso machine :). The 3 course dinner included in the package was really good and a nice change from the daily meals we normally do when travelling. The salzburg card was fully utilised. On that note, the cable car was a nice stop, with a quick visit to the zoo on the way back (in case you want to break up the historical sites).

The staff at the hotel are really amazing, friendly and helpful. However a special must be made for the breakfast crew. They were friendly, energetic, always trying to help and started our day off with a smile :)

We had one incident however. I had confirmed my late checkout via email in advance to me arriving at the hotel. However it seems this was noted and when we got back to our hotel at 3pm on day of checkout, our cards were deactivated and the cleaning staff were waiting for us. They did apologise for this which was appreciated (things happen :)

A definately recommend, especially the experience package if your stay is short.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Dear SuleimanT,

I would like to take the liberty to thank you very much for posting this review about your stay at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. It is a pleasure for me to read that you were satisfied with our stay and the experience package. Furthermore I am glad that you are rating the service of our staff as very good. Our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service. We would be happy to have the chance to welcome you back soon to Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. I remain with my best regards from Salzburg

Reviewed 3 November 2014

Unmatched Luxury and quality - at a decent price too. Hotel is 5 star in every aspect, right from process of checking in, amazing rooms & furnishings, quality housekeeping - even better room service with the chefs preparing specialized vegetarian dishes for us. Fitness Centre is state of the art and breakfast was amongst the most elaborate we ever had.

Unforgettable hotel, unforgettable experience. Thank you Sheraton Salzburg!

Room Tip: Higher floors, better views!
1  Thank HarshLapsia
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2014

Dear HarshLapsia,

I would like to thank you very much for your comment here on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you were completely satisfied with your stay with us at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. Particularly I am very glad that you enjoyed our Sheraton Best Breakfast.
Thank you very much and I hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon whenever your travel plans lead you back to Salzburg