Mercure Graz City
USD 173
Priceline
USD 836
  • Pool
All reviewsprivilege roomold townnice hotelthe rivernespresso machinethe air conditioningpleasant stayminutes walkingcentre of townpublic transportreception staffshower headcomfortable roomon footexcellent locationconvenient locationtrain station
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Location is good, not far from the main train station, not far from the historic downtown either. Simple nondescript building, if you want a historic place with fancy facade, look elsewhere. Reception staff was friendly and helpful, the room was available before the official check-in time. Privilege room was spacious and clean, furniture simple but sufficient. Only one complaint, the linoleum floor was disappointing (clean but looking ugly worn). Good bathroom amenities. Doorless shower cabin somewhat tricky, too easy to soak the entire bathroom. Opted out of housekeeping so I cannot rate it. Large queen bed, matress and pillow softer than what I prefer. In-room wifi was good. Breakfast was really great, superb variety, presentation and quality of food items.
Bottomline: it was a good stay and I recommend this hotel to travellers who do not mind simplicity of accommodation. Be sure to eat the breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017

When we stayed the hotel was undergoing extensive renovation. This did not impact on our room as such, however the work being undertaken on the hotel facade made it difficult to locate when arriving by car. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the heart of Graz, which is a quaint town for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Alexander_Mitgutsch, Stv. Direktor at Mercure Graz City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Applaudio007,

thank you very much for your time to write and for sharing your impressions of your last stay with us!

It is my pleasure to read that you felt comfortable during your stay and please be sure that our new logos will be installed as soon as possible so it will be very easy to locate us again.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again,

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Stayed two nights on the 3rd floor facing away from the busy street. The room was very hot and the “environmental” air conditioning would not allow it to turn on because it was cold outside. The only option was to open the window, but patrons of a nearby Club carried on very loud conversations until very late and then delivery trucks started very early. The bedding was very thin (one pillow and thin coverlet). Breakfast is not included and, although nice, is not really worth the 15€. They also wanted an extra 19€ for a 2 hour late checkout.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Suelaine48

Dear Suelaine48,

thank you very much for your time to write and for sharing your impressions of your last stay! I am very sorry that you did not feel perfectly comfortable - please be sure that we are doing our best to have a comfortable temperature in all rooms and public areas; For your next stay I can gladly recommend one of our Privilege-rooms wich are equipped with new comfortable beds as well.
I hope you will give us the chance to convince you of our service at your next stay in Graz.
Best regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I stay regularly in this hotel and I am generally satisfied there. Currently there is a reconstruction ongoing but unlike during my last stay, it is not noisy and disturbing at all. I really enjoy the comfort of the rooms, the choice at the breakfast and the high level and commitment of the staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We had a very pleasant stay. The lady at the front spoke perfect English. She circled all the places of interest on the map.
Our complimentary cocktail came with a lovely smile and delicious olives wrapped in prosciutto!!!
My room had the scaffolding on it so privacy was a problem. However my brother and his wife were fine but were woken up by the workmen, There was no apology for the disturbances when we arrived. The hotel was a little harder to find due to the scaffolding.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Wanda T,

thank you very much for writing about your last stay and for all your pleasant comments! It is my pleasure to read that you felt welcome & comfortable and also I would like to apology now for the inconveniences caused by the workmen during your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again (also with a welcome drink again ;))
Best regards,