Mercure Graz City
USD 173
Priceline
USD 523
  • Pool
All reviewsprivilege roomold townnice hotelthe rivernespresso machinethe air conditioningpleasant stayminutes walkingcentre of townpublic transportreception staffshower headcomfortable roomon footexcellent locationconvenient locationtrain station
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Stayed two nights on the 3rd floor facing away from the busy street. The room was very hot and the “environmental” air conditioning would not allow it to turn on because it was cold outside. The only option was to open the window, but patrons of a nearby Club carried on very loud conversations until very late and then delivery trucks started very early. The bedding was very thin (one pillow and thin coverlet). Breakfast is not included and, although nice, is not really worth the 15€. They also wanted an extra 19€ for a 2 hour late checkout.

1  Thank Suelaine48
Alexander_Mitgutsch, Stv. Direktor at Mercure Graz City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Suelaine48,

thank you very much for your time to write and for sharing your impressions of your last stay! I am very sorry that you did not feel perfectly comfortable - please be sure that we are doing our best to have a comfortable temperature in all rooms and public areas; For your next stay I can gladly recommend one of our Privilege-rooms wich are equipped with new comfortable beds as well.
I hope you will give us the chance to convince you of our service at your next stay in Graz.
Best regards,
Alexander Mitgutsch
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I stay regularly in this hotel and I am generally satisfied there. Currently there is a reconstruction ongoing but unlike during my last stay, it is not noisy and disturbing at all. I really enjoy the comfort of the rooms, the choice at the breakfast and the high level and commitment of the staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We had a very pleasant stay. The lady at the front spoke perfect English. She circled all the places of interest on the map.
Our complimentary cocktail came with a lovely smile and delicious olives wrapped in prosciutto!!!
My room had the scaffolding on it so privacy was a problem. However my brother and his wife were fine but were woken up by the workmen, There was no apology for the disturbances when we arrived. The hotel was a little harder to find due to the scaffolding.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Wanda T,

thank you very much for writing about your last stay and for all your pleasant comments! It is my pleasure to read that you felt welcome & comfortable and also I would like to apology now for the inconveniences caused by the workmen during your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again (also with a welcome drink again ;))
Best regards,
Alexander Mitgutsch
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Sorry to slate this place so badly, however I need to write you a list so your aware.

1) So overheated had to open the window with a club across the road so couldn’t sleep.

2) When going to shower there was only very hot or very cold water with no in betweens.

3) After showering I reached for a towel which was very dirty as you can see in the photo (won’t go into detail)

4) Cleaners scream room to room to each other since 8am on Sunday morning.

5) The Hotel is situated next to the loudest church on earth so when you finally started to sleep after the club has finished they start screaming at the church and you jump out of bed. Then the cleaners arrive and start their banter.

I could go on and on but these are the major points.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Due to work this is now my “home” Monday to Thursday. I have been a here weekly for about 4 months. There are certainly more opulent (and expensive) hotels in Graz but this place fits the bill. It really well located with lots of great restaurants nearby and a very easy walk to taxi’s or public transport if you need it.

Rooms are spotless - I use the “privilege” room. Rate is fair with free minibar and the room standard is high. Breakfast is excellent - only down side is that if the weather is bad there is no in house evening food apart from bar snack - which are good but it would be nice to not have to go out and get dinner.

There are extra rooms being put on but I am told that will finish before Christmas - no problem with the noise as they don’t start before i go to work in the am. Weekends are free clear of the work so a undisturbed lie in is there if you want it.

Accor group of hotels and they have a good loyalty scheme which includes lots of good hotels in the UK and Euro cities. Altogether the place I prefer to stay and I’ve tried most of them in Graz