All reviews privilege room old town nice hotel nespresso machine the river walking distance the air conditioning pleasant stay short stay shower head centre of town reception staff public transport rooms are spacious convenient location railway station city
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed for over a week at this hotel and was really disappointed in it. The wifi is terrible and Netflix frequently had issues. The showers are weird because they are in the back of the tub and not the front. Also the water temperature is wildly inconsistent when taking a shower. My coworker had the same issue in her room. The gym is pretty laughable, there aren't any free weights at all and the gym was frequently locked during the day requiring asking the front desk to open it. For a hotel that claims to be 4 star, there is a lot of room for improvement. I would expect a 4 star hotel to have a restaurant that serves dinner.

The one positive is the location. It is in a good place in the city. The laundry service is fairly priced too. The parking isn't too bad but a little weird. I ended up getting charged for more days in parking than I stayed at the hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin K
Alexander_Mitgutsch, Stv. Direktor at Mercure Graz City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Kevin K.,

thank you for your time to write and for sharing your impressions of your stay with us in Graz!
I am sorry that you did not feel comfortable in you room (spec. bathroom) but for your next stay I can recommend one of your Privilege-Rooms to you which have a different bathroom design and showers (no tubs).
Concerning the gym I want to thank you for your comments - we are always trying to improve our service and our equipment; please note that there are official opening hours for the gym and the sauna area - but as you know we will be pleased to open it for you at almost any time.

It would be great if you will give us the chance to convince you of our service at your next stay in Graz!

Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed 11 September 2016

This was a good hotel following the Mercure standards, the room was comfortable, clean and spacious. It is close to the center, walking distance to everything, there is a tiny market just out the hostel and a supermarket next to it.
There were some slips with the one of the staff as she couldn't get us into a 2 bed room, she assigned us 3 times into a one bed room, we stopped trying with her as we were going to spend the entire day at it, next day we approached a different lady at the front desk who finally changed us to a 2 bed room. However we found out their 2 bed configuration are 2 mattresses next to each other in the same box separated by only 10 centimeters, but at least was a 2 bed room, that was strange!
Apart from that I would definitely stay there if I ever return to Graz, everything worked well, very recommendable!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Alexander_Mitgutsch, Stv. Direktor at Mercure Graz City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Dear Barelle,

thank you very much for your time to write and for sharing your impressions of your last stay at the Mercure Graz City!

Of course I am sorry for the inconveniences caused concerning our twin bedded rooms and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay nevertheless!

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the Hotel Mercure having moved from the Ibis near the station due to the building works which we had not been warned about. The room was very spacious, the beds were comfortable and the location was 10 minutes by foot from the Old Town so very convenient. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear Midyr,

thank you very much for your time to write and for sharing your impressions of your last stay with us!

I am glad that you enjoyed your room and your stay in Graz as well!

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Clean, efficient, close to the old town. All you need for a short overnight stay. Rooms are well appointed and convenient. Breakfast was quite good. Reception staff attentive and helpful with advice as to where to go and what to do. Would gladly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Jonathan j.,

thank you very much for sharing your impressions of your last stay at the Mercure Graz City!

I am happy to read that you felt welcome and comfortable and a special thank you for your comments about our staff! - I will gladly share your words with all our team members!

Reviewed 6 September 2016

After a more or less unpleasant experience in a Novotel in Berlin, this hotel offered me everything one can expect as the so called good service. The room was extremely comfortable, quiet, and the location is outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Nicoluzzi,

thank you very much for writing and for sharing all your impressions of your last stay with us!

I am glad to read that we could convince you of the great service which is offered by Accorhotels and I hope to be able to welcome you soon again at the Mercure Graz City!

Best regards,