“By the Water”

Cafe Bachts Polreich
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Hallstatt
Price range: USD 5 - USD 29
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We ate lunch at Cafe Bachts Polreich in late August. Service was a little erratic. Our service was fine; but others seemed to have a bad time. I had a consomme with a pork/beef puff pastry. I enjoyed it. My husband had the goulash. He didn't like it.

The setting is very nice, right by the water. They have a large patio outside by the water. Since there were no available tables outside, we ate inside with a large open window overlooking the lake. The view was beautiful and swans came swimming by.

Overall, I would not recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

It was too early for dinner, so we stopped for beer.

The cafe has a pretty nice lakeview from the terrace, well, inside table where we sat also got the view.

We surely enjoyed our lemon flavored light beer and the swans swimming around. When swimming by, the swans looked up and checked out whether we have food for them or not, the waiters/ waitress they looked busy, not looking at you at all after he took our order. My husband had to go to the counter to get a beer.

We didn't order any food, no comment.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

You can enjoy nice view on lake!!
Except craze service - everything is take long time, no feel like client.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We made only short stop in Cafe Bachts Polreich just before they were closing. The kitchen was already closed so I can't review the meals but service and view was awesome.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

What a great spot to stop for a coffee & cake in Hallstatt. The cafe promises so much but delivers nothing but a reasonable cup of coffee. It has a view from the terrace to die for and could be so much more but I'm still trying to swallow and digest the cake they brought to my table hours ago. Don't waste your 5€ on the kaffee & kuchen you'll be disappointed to say the least!