“In search of a decent meal in Hallstatt”

Heritage.Hotel Hallstatt
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Hallstatt
Price range: USD 5 - USD 30
Cuisines: Austrian
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I'm not sure a decent meal can be found. I stopped eating my lunch (risotto, my wife had the spaghetti) not because I was full, but because it wasn't good.

They make a decent latte. We had dessert here on a separate occasion (our first night, after we were disappointed by the found at another restaurant, we came back to the hotel for dessert). The apple strudel was very large. I did not have it so I cannot say whether it was any good. The creme brule was okay.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Situated on lake in main hotel and offers good quality meals with a pleasant outlook. Staff are friendly and reasonable efficient although it can get very busy.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We went for coffee and apple strudel. Which was very good. During our visit a staff member was extremely rude to the guest next to our table. It was uncomfortable to be in the area also completely uncalled for. The manager needs to review his staff and eddicate.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

After a long day of sight seeing in wetter weather we were struggling to find a restaurant to eat at with good consistent reviews and that could meet both my wife's and my desires. We selected this one after reviewing a few of the others menus and we were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant offers a view of the lake and has very good service. We both had their weiner schnitzel and found the portion size to be larger and the meal to be one of the best since arriving in Europe. We selected their apple strudel with vanilla sauce for desert and found it to be very good. We also found the prices to be quite reasonable. Overall great food and service with a nice view of the lake.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

After getting off the ferry in a cold, rainy, stormy day with suitcases , we ran into the first door we saw.
It happened to be the restaurant of the heritage hotel.
If it was a hot dog stand it wouldn't have mattered, but as it turned out we both enjoyed a very good fish dinner.
I have seen a few complaints regarding service, but did not experience any problem at all.
Prices are average and the view is gorgeous.