“Nice restaurant but have to share table with others”

BRAUGASTHOF am Hallstattersee
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Hallstatt
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We visit in Sunday afternoon. It took us not long (about 10 minutes) to get the table but we had share our table with another 2 Koreans. Food and beer were nice. Fair service. Payment is only by cash.

1  Thank MuMu MiMi S

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Looking for a nice place to have dinner we walked by this place and it was packed so we figured the food could be bad to we walked in. The place was full so the offered us a place on a 8 person table close to the bar, the other couple that were already seated did not mind so we didn't either. It was a nice British couple that were close to finishing their meal, they recommended the duck. The ambiance in the place is very rustic, very cozy, the staff is very friendly and helpful, though a little slow (I guess from the place being full). I had the duck and my wife the beef and the meals were fantastic, finger licking good, we both had some red Austrian wine which also was very good. And for dessert we had the apple strudel, which also was very good. In the mean time the British couple left and we were then asked if we minded if another couple could sit with us and we said off course, it was a young Japanese couple, so which I also recommended he duck. We very much enjoyed this place and would most definitely come back the next time we are in town. Don't miss this little gem.

1  Thank Bernd S
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

May be the little town is overwhelmed by tourists and every restaurant is packed during lunch. Sharing table is so common in this restaurant and waitresses are too busy to take care each of you. Need to wait for long time to get order n check. However, food is very nice my trout fillet is good but my friend’s orange duck breast was the best we ever had

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Luckily we had the chance to enter this restaurant during the rush hour. The best duck I have ever had recently.
Especially the fried mash potato is amazingly good.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

PROs:
- The views
- My wife's steak was really good, and she liked my pork medallions
- Not too expensive
CONs:
- Eeeehh the service, the wait staff didn't seemed thrilled to seat us... it wasn't necessarily a big deal but nobody that worked there looked happy.

2  Thank Richard-Julie_K