A great villa, large bedroom, fantastic lounge and all the modern kitchen equipment to keep us very happy, including washing machine and dishwasher!
Situation high up in the hills, is great and sitting out on the terrace having our breakfast looking over the landscape and sea was beautiful and relaxing.
Just up a few stairs and into the pool. We would love to have used this more but we had gone to Monte-Carlo for the 1000 Masters Tennis, which was well within walking distance, very convenient.
What made it really special was our host/owner of the property, Mercedes. Shortly after we arrived, we were invited to a social evening with her family and friends and had roast chicken and vegetables, together with a wonderful piece or roast beef. Not only that but she kindly took us to a couple of places for sightseeing which made it so easy for us and just caught the bus home! Many thanks.
An amazing Villa in an amazing location- I would highly recommend this villa to anyone visiting Monaco, lush private swimming pool set In a lush villa, amazing kitchen, outstanding sound, movie, surround and music system. And mecedes is brilliant and fixes any problems instantly.
The location was great; walking distance to almost everything. Mercedes was very thorough in her directions and orientation to the house and area. We spent all of our time at the tennis tournament, but did enjoy the heated pool and the comfortable furnishings.
There are at least 115 stairs to climb to get to the house (yes I counted) so keep that in mind if you are unable to do stairs. The pool is also at the top of a winding staircase.
The property is absolutely beautiful at night!
On previous stays in Monaco I have stayed at the Metropole and the Hotel de Paris, so I am used to excellent accommodation in Monaco.
But IMHO Villa Bis is nicer than both of those places. There are a few reasons for this:
(1) the Villa Bis is larger than a room in either of those hotels. You have a large living room, bedroom & bathroom, so you have a lot more room;
(2) the furnishings in the Villa Bis are of good quality and feel luxurious;
(3) there is a lovely outdoor area, where out can go and sit outside in the sun and enjoy the fresh air. There is also a swimming pool upstairs;
(4) you look down the hill to the blue Mediterranean from the Villa;
(5) the compound where the Villa is situated is private, quiet and feels safe; and
(6) all the people you liaise with are very helpful and genuine in wanting you to have a good time. Although I did not meet Mercedes she was genuine and helpful in all my dealings with her, as with the Housekeeping lady, and the lady who is available to drive you to and from the airport (Mercedes will organise car transfers to and from Nice airport for you).
I didn't have a car when I stayed here and it was not necessary as you can walk to the supermarkets, a cafe nearby, and to all the attractions in Monaco.
You did feel fit from the walking (especially coming home as there are some stairs), but are can walk down to the beach, to the Monte Carlo Beach Club, to the Casino, to the Harbour and even to the Palace. So it is the ultimate walking holiday in some ways, and I have never felt fitter and healthier leaving Monaco as I did from all the exercise. But if you don't like walking Villa Bis has a car space available nearby if you decide to rent a car.
So I highly recommend Villa Bis. It is a wonderful place.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
What can I say ? Mercedes has put together a beautiful oasis in the middle of Monte Carlo ! Once we found our way around the location was fantastic. The villa is just beautiful and myself and Dylan really enjoyed a romantic break along with our trip to see the Historique Grande Prix. There is absolutely nothing Mercedes could do to make this better! Thank you for a wonderful break!! We will most definately be back. If you are staying in Monte Carlo this is the place to stay :)