I stayed in Novotel Monaco a couple of years ago. It was a nice experience. So I made a reservation again for january 2012. Unfortunately I had to change my travel-plans and so I cancelled to room well in advance. I received a confirmation for the cancellation by Email.
So far so good. But on the day of my proposed arrival on january 20 I received a telephone call on my mobile. A female person asked me something about the Novotel. I was not able to understand her properly as her english was very poor.
A couple of weeks later I saw on my creditcard-statement that Novotel has charged me with a no-show-fee of 175 €. I complaint at the hotel several times about taht. They explained me (in very bad english again) that I had booked the room again by telephone. This is an impertinent lie. I never contacetd the hotel. Why should I do so. I already had checked in in my hotel in Nice (Radisson, very nice!).
All attempts to get my money back from Novotel Monaco have not been succesful yet. Two letters to the Accor HQ have been simply ignored.
My conclusion: I strongly recommend all travellers to stay away from Accor hotels. The staff is Incompetent, arrogant and disorganized. It is really hard to believe that a well-known company as Novotel/Accor is behaving like a bunch of crooks in unlawfully deducting money from customer's creditcard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Monte Carlo hotel is situated in the heart of the principality, just a short walk from the train station, the Place du Casino and the Grimaldi Forum. It has 218 rooms (including 11 Junior Suites), some with stunning views over the Rock of Monaco and the sea. It also boasts a restaurant, a bar and 12 rooms for meetings and conferences. The Novotel Monte Carlo is ideal for business travel or weekends in Monaco as a couple or with family. A secure public car park is available (charges apply). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Odigeo and ACCOR so you can book your Novotel Monte Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Monte Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Novotel Hotel Monte Carlo
- Accor Monte Carlo
- Monte-Carlo Novotel