“Friendly staff, lovely lunch meals”
Review of Valentin - CLOSED

Valentin
Price range: USD 21 - USD 35
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A small and hidden place in the heart of Monte Carlo - warm, white, essential - where you can taste the flavours of a real Italian kitchen, maybe fall in love with a glass of wine and spend some joyful time sitting at the table. Serving Italian breakfast and lunch Mon-Fri from 7:30 to 16:00. And a fantastic Tapas Apero Dinner on Thursday and Friday night from 18:30 to 22:30.
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We read some reviews and decided to try this little restaurant, which was a great decision! We both had lovely (large) meals and the staff were friendly and helpful. I ordered the roast beef with onion sauce, with is slices of roast beef served cold with some salad and fries. It had beautiful flavours, the onion was not overpowering and I really enjoyed it. My wife ordered the salad with salmon, which was lovely and fresh especially the salmon. Prices were reasonable about €20 with a cold drink. Definitely worth a visit!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank BBTraveller24

Reviewed 23 May 2016

We spend a week in Monaco and went to Valentin for breakfast nearly every day and went there for dinner once. The atmosphere was lovely and it was one of the friendliest places we visited.What we thought was an attractive feature was the fact that locals would gather for their coffees throughout the day!

The fresh pastries and seafood pasta were to die for. I'd recommend this to anyone on holiday in Monaco.

Thanks,
Natasha

Date of visit: June 2015
1  Thank Tasha M
Reviewed 7 April 2016

This great little discovery was made recently and hence, I have been back 3 more times last month! The food is absolutely delicious and reminds me of food that my Italian GF mother use to make.
Everyday the menu changes, so good variety. The staff are helpful and cheerful. Well worth a visit there.
Trent F

Date of visit: March 2016
3  Thank Trent F
Reviewed 7 April 2016

My boyfriend and I had a great lunch here when we were recently visiting Monaco. The food is truly authentic and has a real home made, fresh and lively mama's kitchen feel. There's around seventy seats and the place was FULL so it made for great people watching while in Monaco. We didn't drink during our meal but noticed a large choice of wines, the deserts were fresh made on site and were TO DIE FOR! will definitely recommend Valentin for friends and we just loved the relaxed yet efficient vibe this great little hideaway restaurant has. Bon appetit!

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank williwowman
Reviewed 6 April 2016

Thanks to the fantastic team at Valentin for a memorable meal on the French Riviera. We heard about this great little restaurant by word of mouth from friends who live in Monaco (isn't this always the best way to find great new places?) and had a fresh, great tasting and most of all, authentic at very reasonable prices. Pierre's team is on the ball, fast and hugely friendly. I'll also say the nicest surprise was their wine collection which they had a great knowledge of and is mostly from vineyards nearby the riviera. Many thanks again Valentin we'll definitely be back next time we're in Monaco.

Date of visit: March 2016