1,602 results
All reviews crystal bar vistamar restaurant winter garden beautiful hotel de paris belle epoque thermes marins beach club impeccable service room service star hotel old world small room overlooking the harbour casino square beautiful room visiting monaco
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I booked 2 days with my wife. First time being here. We usually stay at top notch hotels. This is one of the top we have ever stayed.

From the views, to morning breakfast....just breathtaking. The rooms are not meant to be modern looking. This hotel keeps the old French style look with a very elegant and classy look. I thought it was perfect.

Be aware though, there is so much movement at this hotel, Ferrari’s pulling up, Bentley dropping off people etc. It can be a little intimidating. I personally have a nice Porsche and I felt a little overwhelmed. That’s the price you pay for staying here lol.

The pool here is amazing, make sure you try it out, it also has an outdoor patio.

I do get perks like complementary room upgrade, complementary breakfast, so of course certain aspects of my stay were free. But nevertheless I will say this.....if you want to experience something really special, stay here.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Hotel L'Hermitage is pretty. Flowers all around, perfumed hallway, good location. Breakfasts are world class. Everything about Monte Carlo oozes opulence.
Such a romantic little city, if only we could see a little of the city from our room.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2018

The hotel, of course, is lovely. Exactly what one would expect. Room service was quick and good. Housekeeping staff was excelllent. Front desk staff was less solicitous than one would expect at a hotel in this location at this price level. I would not stay here again as there are plenty of other luxury hotels to stay at in Monaco. check in really killed it for me.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I only had one day in Monaco so I popped into my Hotel (well thats what I call it) I have stayed here over many of years in total 35 Plus stays and no matter what they always make me feel special its so clean and the staff are wonderful, food is stunning and the ideal place to stay when visiting Monaco.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stayed four nights at the Hermitage as part of a huge company function taking most of the hotel (perhaps 180 rooms?).

So, I have to say all the organisation was excellent but not sure if that was the hotel or the events company, but at least they clearly communicated and everything worked well.

On to the hotel: everything was good, and the service was excellent and not at all supercilious or arrogant as might be expected - genuinely friendly.

The room (end room with a balcony not sure what category that means as I was not booking or paying), was decent in terms of comfort and decor, very comfortable etc.

So, in general was all top notch as would be expected from an eye-wateringly expensive (also to be expected) five star hotel in Monte Carlo. However, a couple of things fail the Tripadvisor five star test.

1) no facilities to make coffee in the room., Although room service (throughout the stay) was really quick, I want the option of an immediate caffeive kick without needing to get dressed to receive a delivery.
2) the shower, and this is simply criminal in such a quality hotel, was just too low. I don't expect to have the crouch down to get a shower in a "leading hotel of the world". I am tall, but not a freak (6'2"). The shower head was level with my chin. There was plenty of headroom and it could easily have been higher, just rubbish project management on fit out (presumably by a short person!)

Anyway, if you are 5'9" or under I can still recommend this hotel, assuming you are not price sensitvie of course. Or somebody else is paying!

Room Tip: Do some research as there is a variety of rooms and views
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple