Hotel Roc de Caldes
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Paris Londres(Escaldes-Engordany)
View Hotel
Hotel Spa Termes SERHS Carlemany(Escaldes-Engordany)
Hotel Siracusa(Escaldes-Engordany)
Hotel Tropical(Escaldes-Engordany)
Hotel Espel(Escaldes-Engordany)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Metropolis(Escaldes-Engordany)
  • Restaurant
Hotel & Aparthotel Cosmos(Escaldes-Engordany)
Panorama Hotel(Escaldes-Engordany)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

The location is in a good property...rooms are big and extremely clean.. staff are so cordial.
Like a suggestion just 2 things... the decor is old (like 90's) and doesnt have air conditioning (was there in summer) - we slept well but if more hot is necessary

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2015

Well, first of all when you arrive it's not easy to find the parking, as the signed one is in a building under construction, and you have to carry your luggage up some stairs, not a 5 stars hotel parking, obviously. Once we reached the hall, we had the feeling that we were alone. Not sure about this.

Our room was very big, with a nice bathroom, bathtub and separate shower, and the bed was comfy.

We were surprised with a bottle of cava (catalan sparkling wine, similar to champagne) and some chocolates waiting for us in the room. Thank you!

Now the big issue: although in the Pyrenees mountains, Andorra can be quite hot in summer, and in this particular weekend we have been there, temperatures were in the low 30s, and... we weren't able to turn the AC on when we arrived (friday 8.30 pm) so we went to reception to notice them and our big surprise was when the people there looked to their feet and told us there was no AC in any room. This was particularly annoying on saturday afternoon when we went to the hotel for a nap after having lunch at a beautiful andorran "borda" and I couldn't get any sleep because of the heat. 1h 30' sweating. The same problem happened again after dinner, because it was a hot night up there, we had to sleep with the window open, and consequently I woke up with severe pain in my back, as the temperatures dropped suddenly (as uses to happen in the mountain areas in summer).

The hotel has a swimming pool that we didn't use because you have to pay €9 to use it, but it looked nice from the outside.

The views from the terrace are stunning.

The breakfast buffet is 4/5, hot buffet (fried eggs, sausages, bacon) and the continental buffet as well, and you can order omelettes and crepes to the chef.

The wifi is free but the signal was weak sometimes at our room.

For the room, the breakfast, and the views, I would have given 5 stars to this hotel, but the dark parking the first night in the construction site and the lack of air conditioning in the rooms (1/5 considering that it's a 5 star hotel) make it a 3 overall.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RomanetJC
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I tried to book this hotel. I called but was told the person who gave the prices was out to lunch. I called back, they still couldn't give me a price, they said I had to e mail them and they would reply with a price. Five star this is not! I don't know if this is a nice hotel or not. I will not be trying again.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Sheena P
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel was the second 5 star-experience in my life so far, but it was the least of the two. Off course all accomodations are provided and certainly the potential is there (sleeping quality and rooms are top notch!), but a true charm and soul are missing. During our stay, I had the impression we were the only guests in the building. (Although this did not bother me at all as I had the swimming pool for myself).

I may not confuse the actual city of Andorra with the hotel, but I will not return to this place. In fact whole of the area is (still!) a construction site. The location is very well chosen, but you have to watch behind the cranes to see the stunning mountains.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank WouterVG7
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Having spent a night at this hotel, we wanted to say a huge thank you to Armando, the manager, and his staff for a fabulous night. It was 5 star in every respect. Huge rooms with fabulous views over the mountains. Very clean and well maintained. The pool and spa was a delight. The piano bar and food very reasonable with personal service. We stayed over the Xmas period and enjoyed full hospitality. With an 8 year old who had a brilliant time, we will be back !

Room Tip: Just ask at reception !
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family