“Great Night”

City Wok Chinese Sushi Asian
Ranked #153 of 593 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 November 2017

First visit to City Wok for the buffet night, 9.95 per person. Not a massive amount of choice but there was all of our favourite starters, spring rolls, chicken wings and spare ribs which I must say were in the best sauce I have ever had, bowls of prawn crackers were put on the table for us, for mains there was, pork in blackbean sauce, chicken curry & sweet and sour, fluffy rice and chow mein, I tried a bit of all of them and they were all delicious. The staff were great and our part of 6 thoroughly enjoyed our evening and will be returning soon.

5  Thank Karen B
Marinos H, Manager at City Wok Chinese Sushi Asian, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear Karen!!!!!
Thank you so much for your kind review!!We would love to see you soon at City Wok for another great night.
City Wok

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

This is a small, stylish, modern restaurant with a big glass frontage. You quickly get the impression that they care about what they do: it’s personally run, not a chain.

The atmosphere was virtually non-existent (9pm on a Monday night) but the chatty and genuinely lovely, smiley young waiter made up for that. Service: 10/10.

Unfortunately the sushi (which is what I really wanted) was off the menu because of a change of staff - but that’s apparently just for a week or two. I therefore had sweet and sour prawns with rice. The ingredients are all extremely fresh and clearly high quality. It wasn’t *the* most mouth watering Chinese food I’ve ever had, but it’s very good.

The bill (without starter, dessert or coffee) came to €24, including two large glasses of good Cypriot rosé. It’s not cheap but it’s fair value for what it was.

I’d definitely recommend the place and go back personally.

2  Thank Peter E
Marinos H, Manager at City Wok Chinese Sushi Asian, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear mr Peter E!!Thank you so much for your great review!!We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your experience in City Wok.!!We will be pleased to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The best option to enjoy Asian cuisine in Paphos. A rich choice of buffet with full-fledged and well-cooked food at a great price of 9.95, yes that is true ! The atmosphere is very friendly and we will definitely continue to visit this great restaurant. I strongly recommend!

1  Thank peter2000848
Marinos H, Manager at City Wok Chinese Sushi Asian, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Peter!!
Thank you for your kind review!We are really happy that customers appreciate our efforts!!We hope to see you again soon at City Wok!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We had the BBQ ribs, chicken and sweetcorn soup and crispy chicken. It was all tasty and made fresh, nothing at all like your typical UK Chinese take out. After this meal I will never eat chinese takeout at home again. It makes you wonder what is being put in our food at home and how it's all made. Beautiful! Although on a road it was wasent too hustle and bustle. Great staff and good choice of food.

1  Thank MNCchantelle
Marinos H, Manager at City Wok Chinese Sushi Asian, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear MNC!!!Thank you so much for your kind review.!We really work hard to achieve the best for our customers.
We really want to see you again soon for a take out or to dine in.!!
City Wok

Reviewed 24 September 2017

It was a last minute thing with a friend, at first I was weary being in the tourist area as well as the fact that the buffet price was so low.

I was really pleasantly surprised at the fact that the foof was really good and fresh. I will be definately going more often

1  Thank gsavvacy
Marinos H, Manager at City Wok Chinese Sushi Asian, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you so much for your review.We would be pleased to see you again soon in our restaurant..