“Wow experience”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My friend and I ate at this restaurant on the 3rd day of arriving in Cyprus. We ordered and was told that we needed to order more food. How odd?
Nevertheless we did so amd the food was just amazing. The staff was very efficient and helpful. I am not easily pleased so went back a further 2 tines. Still the food a,d service was excellent.
I must agree that you need to order a certain amount of food which is wrong but this did not take away from the food being amazing amd the staff pleasant and efficient.
I must remark on the owner who sat us down on the 3 rd visit. We asked fir the starter menu and she said we could not only order staters. This was said to customers who had already ordered prosceco and other drinks which wood have covered the price of starters anyway.
We asked one of the other staff members to serve us and was to,d by them that she was the owner.
We were shocked!! Her behaviour was appaabd the manner in wishes spoke to us was offensive!
I don’t blame the staff as they are instructed to tell customers what to order and it’s apparant this is the policy of Theo’s.
I left my sunglasses behind ( very very expensive Chanel ones) return to find a young lady had out them away fir me. I tried to give her a tip but she said it was her duty.
I cannot fault the food or staff and as I said you will not be disappointed with the food but yes you will need to spend an average of €40 but if you are having an evening meal I highly recommend this restaurant.
Just avioid the owner!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were iffy because of some of the reviews here but decided to give it a try anyway. We ordered the seafood platter, a second entree and 2 appetizers and a salad for 4 (we're not big eaters). At first the waitress suggested that this was not enough food but when we confirmed that we were quite sure that's all we wanted, she outright said that we needed to order more. We sat dumbfounded while she hovered over us. After a minute of awkward silence she said she'd give us more time and would come back to take the rest of our order. We promptly decided to leave after this completely unprofessional and rude service. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as the restaurant we eventually went to (7 St. Georges Tavern) ended up being amazing! Skip Theo's and go there instead!

5  Thank BCMom2016
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We have been shocked to find out the waiter decides how much and what you eat, he rudely told us he does not serve one soup, a water and a beer. The whole team of waiters seemed to act rudely towards us - family with child. This is an embarrasement to the region,s efforts to attract tourists. Do not go here, you are only walking wallets!!

8  Thank harcio
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This overlooks the harbour and on a good day you can sit outside and admire the view, which is great.
The specialty of the place is seafood and there are many different things to try. especially the whole fish.
Not too expensive and the waiting staff are very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Buck2205
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We were looking for a fish restaurant and found Theo's, we were very disappointed. We thought the food was bland and flavorless. I had the tuna pasta and there was no taste at all - very tasteless, my wife had muscles and she too said she was disappointed about the flavor and amount. The restaurant looked fine from the outside but we thought paper serviettes did not go down right. The staff were indifferent and all round not a particularly pleasant experience. The price was about average for the area. We won't be going back on our next visit to Paphos