“Impressive”

Mysterium Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 604 Restaurants in Paphos
Price range: USD 11 - USD 46
Description: Magical flavours, fine wine selection and bar choice, exquisite atmosphere with an art gallery, attention to details - we live with passion to give an exclusive meal experience with an elegant touch and the relaxed vibe of this city,A place to enjoy your favourite cocktail,wine or any other beverage.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was on the list to visit but it’s location put me off when we drove by a couple of times. It’s set back off the main Tomb of the Kings Road just by the mall but we bit the bullet and visited last night.... Verdict, very glad we made the effort. Very stylish and the services was impeccable. There was a main menu and a 2/3 course option which was amazingly priced. Y husband opted to choose from the 3 course option and enjoyed every course, I opted for the main menu choosing spring rolls for starters. Yum, they were delicious. For main I opted for sea bass which was equally as good however I didn’t get any potato’s. Were they included on the menu, I don’t know however, I throughly enjoyed what I had. Do I recommend. Yes, will I go back, Yes. Sorry we didn’t leave a tip, my silly husband didn’t bring any cash with him!

1  Thank Pam W

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoy lunch or dinner in some of the local Tavernas and have quite a few favourites but occasionally we appreciate a fine dining experience. The Mysterium certainly falls into this category. Beautifully presented food in attractive surroundings with great service. Recently they changed their menus after listening to their customers ( the sign of good management ). They now open from 11am for coffee and drinks and serve lunch from midday. Lunch can be from their set menu (the option we chose) or they have a selection of snacks to choose from including burgers and omelettes. Evenings are a little more expensive with food from their A la Carte menu ...but if you enjoy an alternative to Souvlaki and Stifado then you won’t be disappointed.

2  Thank RobertaFyti
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Revisited after great time last year, have to say we were slightly disappointed. The restaurant still.looks fantastic and the staff very attentive but the menu has been reduced and while the food was still excellent in both taste and presentation it does not have a lot of choices. We were only the second table occupied during our visit, this may be why the menu does not have the choices it used to have
And while it is early in the year I really hope this restaurant survives but it needs people to go

Reviewed 20 March 2018

My husband and i attended the reopening of this lovely restaurant last week and what a fabulous evening we had.
Even though the restaurant was full the staff did a wonderful job of producing delicious food!
My husband elected to start with the Roast Peppers and Halloumi, which he described as delicious, and cleaned the plate in a matter of seconds!
i selected Calamari, which comes with a delicious homemade lime and herb mayonnaise. Not to be missed!
Between the first and second courses, we sampled their selection of gins, and have decided our new favorite is Hendricks, there is also an extensive cocktail list for anyone feeling adventurous.
Our main courses arrived, as a steak lover my husband selected a Prime aged black Angus steak, cooked perfectly, accompanied by roast potatoes and vegetables.
My selection was the fresh sea bass filet, a favorite of mine whenever in the mediterranean.
We had saved some room for dessert, for my husband it was the chocolate cake, and this my husband said was the best dessert he had eaten all week!
I chose the cheesecake, another triumph!
We were entertained by the famous Michael Antoniou, the well known Cyprus based singer, who had only recently returned to Cyprus after spending the winter in Dubai appearing at various venues there.
Mysterium is under new management and if they continue with the same standards there will be many happy diners, enjoying delicious food!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

We visited last year after the rave reviews - just the two of us. The service was ok but the the food was not good - I had the burger which was just two patties on a board with some greenery and my husband had fish but he had to send it back as he didn't have the potatoes he wanted. When we gave feedback they were ok but ignored us afterwards and when we asked about a dessert menu the waiter said he didn't do desserts. We gave up waiting and got the bill and left. Maybe we chose the wrong things but didn't like the way they dealt with our feedback.