“Outstanding wine selection and charcuterie galore”

Barrique Wine & Deli
Ranked #32 of 1,142 Restaurants in Nicosia
Price range: USD 11 - USD 23
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Barrique is more than a deli or a wine shop. It is an energetic marketplace-an opportunity to taste and take home the products of artisans who create the highest quality products at a fair price.
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Just around the corner from where I lived in Nicosia, it somehow took me several months to notice the gem in my back yard. That delay was soon rectified: I've been for a relaxed aperitif, a date night, and a fun night out with several friends, and Barrique delivers in all situations. The place is pretty quiet before dark, but it fills up fast and stays busy. For good reason -- there are a ton of wines, well-selected, including numerous underappreciated Greek wines (one of these, the Douloufakis Cabernet, rapidly becoming our favorite wine of the Mediterranean -- well, besides Italy -- and later prompting a pilgrimage when we had the good fortune to visit Crete). The food is excellent (particularly the cheeses), though the menu can be bit variable; an outstanding risotto we had once was replaced by a decidedly less interesting risotto the next time we went. Nothing wrong with a regularly changing menu, though! Prices can be a bit on the high side, and a word of warning: go for the wine, not for the cocktails. All that said, we love the place and the enthusiastic, professional staff. Cheers!

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 7 October 2016

I visited the place with some friends and we had an amazing dinner. I have been there before on March 2016 but because of the large amount of customers the service (food) was too slow, still though the staff and manager were more than professionals. With my last visit everything run completely smooth and our experience was great. I was hearing from friends that this was an amazing place and I should give it another try and I am so glad I did!!!!
You should try the spinach salad with the smoked cheese, so delicious!!!
Then for dessert you must eat the delicious Tiramisu!!! It's heaven on earth!!!!!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Sat in the superb restaurant for 3 hours eating Spanish hams and delicious cheeses and unbelievable wines I highly recommend this spot, The road that the restaurant is on was closed and we had to walk to get to it, thinking that with road closed would keep customers away, arrived at 6 and were the only one there. By the time we left at 9 the place was packed
The staff were exceptional recommending wine all night. The service was fantastic when the place was empty or full they were very attentive and happy to serve us

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Its a very nice place. Low prices, expensive prices wines for all the kind of people, platters, food. All excellent! If you say i have 40 euros to spend with my couple you can drink and eat and enjoy it. The stuff know their job, they are kind and smiley all the time and for me this is important. Its better if you make reservation before you go because most times is full but if you go without reservation they will do their best to find you a place to enjoy your wine. Cheers!!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 13 September 2016

One of the best of its kind. The stuff are so friendly that make you feel like being with friends from the first moment. Good prices and fine dishes.

Date of visit: April 2016