“excellent stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Front view of Villa Poinciana Pool view to Pool House
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Front view of Villa Poinciana
Pool view to Pool House
Pool View to Barbecue
High intensity underwater LED lights means safer swimming in the evenings
Back view of villa
A lovely view in between the plants to the veranda/pool area
Corner Patio area in Back Garden. Behind is a small stream
View of Back end of garden from Corner Patio area
Typical Sea View from Bedrooms. The sea is nearer than it looks here
Dining Area of villa 'Poinciana' (table for 8)
Lounge view towards Fireplace from entrance hall
Kitchen featuring Miele/Bosch appliances. The kitchen is well equipped
Master Bedroom. The 2nd Bedroom is very similar. There is an ensuite to the Master bedroom
The 3rd bedroom has 2 single beds, ideal for children
Latchi Marina during the day, a busy walkway of restaurants and bars
Latchi Marina again where boats can be hired to fish or ride around the bay and around Akamas
Latchi Marina during the early evening
Latchi beach, this beach is just a few min walk from the villa
The unspoilt Akamas Peninsula
Sunset over the Akamas Peninsula
View of Latchi from Neo Chorio, some of the best views of the bay can be found from here
Another view of the Polis/Chrysouchous bay from the Baths of Aphrodite
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

cp123107
London, United Kingdom
“excellent stay”
Reviewed 1 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

great accommodation, in an excellent location. Very quiet with nice pastoral views, yet within walking distance to the sea and shops. Villa very comfortable and pretty much everything is there. The pool is heated and is a good size to actually swim lengths comfortably. The owner is easy to contact and very friendly, good information given.

2 Nov 2015
Thanks very much Costas for the review. The new, more powerful pool heater certainly seems to be doing its job much better than the last model. I'm just sorry the weather wasn't as good for you as is normally the case for this time of the year. Hope we can welcome you back sometime in the future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Liked best: Heated pool
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
20 Oct 2015
Hi Pete and Amy

Thankyou very much for your kind words. From us all we wish you both a long and happy life together.

We hope to welcome you both back one day

Anne C
High Wycombe, Bucks
“Best villa we've ever stayed at”
Reviewed 12 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Poinciana is the best villa we've ever stayed at - and we've stayed in many villas.

Before we arrived, the communication with the owner (Michael) was excellent, detailed and very friendly. He even telephoned us to ensure we had enough information.

On arrival, his Manager (Mark) met us to go through details of the property, areas of interest in the locality, places to eat and to visit. He was very friendly and extremely interesting. It was a good start to our holiday. He gave us his phone number and told us to contact him if we needed any help or information.

We also met Chris who maintains the swimming pool - not only did he provide us with an immaculate pool, but he also gave us a fascinating insight into the local community. The swimming pool was bigger than most other villas we've stayed at.

The property itself was spotless throughout, light and airy, extremely well equipped, had everything we needed - the beds were very comfortable (we've been in other villas where this has not been the case), the garden was stunningly colourful and very well laid out. It was a joy to sit outside the days we stayed at the villa.

The views from the villa were spectacular - we could see the sea and the mountains, and it was very peaceful.

Latchi itself is a small village with ample restaurants - we ate out most evenings, and the food was fresh (the locally caught fish was extremely tasty), and very reasonably priced (as was the local wine and beer). The restaurant owners were welcoming and loved to spend time talking to their customers, even though their restaurants were busy. We visited a number of the restaurants, and were treated exceptionally well in every one.

The sea was crystal clear, and a stunning deep blue and green.

We were very sad to leave this idyllic setting and beautiful villa. We would very much like to return.

Thank you to Michael, Mark and Chris and everyone who made our holiday so memorable.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Coming home
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
13 Oct 2015
Hi Donald

I'm so pleased you enjoyed the villa and had a great time in Latchi. We are always updating it and keeping on top of maintenance. A new pool liner is going in late November with steps and LED lights. I cant wait to see it when I'm out next.

Welcome back anytime and I will forward your kind comments to Mark and Chris.

jacqui032
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Simply the most relaxing holiday we've had!”
Reviewed 5 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

As a busy young family we are incredibly grateful for time spent as just us, we were longing of 2 weeks of total relaxation and this villa helped us to achieve exactly that!

Light airy room, all the facilities you could ever wish for and the most amazing pool with beautiful views ... what more could you wish for.

We even ventured outside the villa for a few occasions, the local village provided everything you could need, from restaurants, to shops and water sports so there is no need to hire a car if you don't want to. We did however and made it as far as Nicosia where we loved wandering the old town, and Paphos Zoo which was fun for a few hours entertainment.

Mark and Chris were both incredibly helpful whilst we were there, taking care of any needs and happy to answer questions we may have, and Michael was incredibly friendly and helpful both during the booking process and on our return.

All in all - one not to be missed!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool was a huge hit with all members of the family
Liked least: Come home!
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
6 Sep 2015
Hi Jacqui and Andy

I'm glad you all had a good time and the villa and our service met your expectations. We are always looking at ways of improving and adding to the amenities on offer. Im very grateful to have a good local agent and a pool cleaner.

Hope we can welcome you all back in the future

Anchi M
Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
“Mice droppings on all beds, unhelpful owner”
Reviewed 1 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed there together with our five-month old and the family of the user LucasMum (my sister-in-law), so we can confirm what happened.
From the response of the owner to each negative comment about the property, including ours, you can see that he goes out of his way to make guests seem unreasonable, "difficult", "compensation-seeker" etc. He is like that in his emails as well, and is so focussed on making guests seem crazy that he misses on important facts:
- I found a mouse dropping on our bed AS SOON AS WE ARRIVED, as I immediately went up to our bedroom to breastfeed my five-month old. As I didn't realise what it was - I thought the house is too luxurious to have a mouse, or mice in it - I flicked it off the bed in which I put my baby. The same goes for my teenage niece, who also just cleaned her bed, not knowing what she's flicking on the ground. It was only after my brother- and sister-in-law actually heard the mouse in their room that we all realised it was indeed a mouse. Once we started checking the house, we found droppings downstairs as well, on the guest bed and the dining table. So, if it was one mouse - it was really busy - and it was in the house before we came in.
- the reason why we wanted the pool heated is due to the fact that my five-month old dislikes chilly water, and as Latchi is known for its cold water (compared to Protaras or Larnaca, for example), we knew the sea is out of question for her. I guess we're too demanding for wanting to enjoy our little girl in the pool - as I'm sure Michael will confirm in a moment... Who the heck wants to swim with their child? Nonsense!
-also, we got an early check-in? Well thank you, we arrived around 4p.m.... What time are guests normally entitled to enter the property??
- finally, we asked for a refund as we didn't pay to stay in a mice-infected house with five kids - one of which is a baby. Setting two mouse traps was supposed to convince me to sleep one more night in there with my baby girl in a bed that had mouse poop in it? I know, Michael, I am being over-dramatic and revengeful, how harmful can rodent feces be for the little one? Perhaps it's my hormones talking...
- as for the timer on the a/cs in all bedrooms, my brother- and sister-in-law come from Dubai and we're living in Cyprus - we're all used to sleeping with the a/c on.. no one likes to wake up every 2 hours to turn the a/c back on. this should be disclosed on the website at least, as it's not a common practice in Cyprus. I am a travel trade journalist and have stayed all over the island (not to mention abroad), and I can assure you that.
- as for our "moaning" when the manager, Mark, came to the villa - we were all extremely collected and polite considering that none of us got any sleep. Once we told him we want a refund and want to leave as soon as possible, he started giving us excuses how he has to check with the owner who is "very busy as he works in London" and he himself has "a meeting in Larnaca" (yeah, right, on a Friday in the middle of August people are so busy around here, productivity is at its highest;) ). We told him that we contacted them both early enough to sort this out, as we can't sit around with five kids until they make a decision - we wanted to salvage what we could from our two-night getaway and go elsewhere. He then went on telling us he has a sleeping disorder and couldn't come earlier, just to make us seem insensitive. That's when my sister-in-law apologized, but just because she's British and they're taught to be polite even when they shouldn't be. Sorry mate - but if you can't wake up in the morning in case of an emergency, put that on the website too, so that people know in advance...
So, to wrap up before I get even more annoyed at Michael's sleaziness, whoever wants photos of the mouse poop or any further info can email me at anchi.palic@gmail.com.
And if you do decide to stay here - make sure you bring your own mouse traps just in case :)

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
6 Sep 2015
Just to remind people reading this that all these reviews are independent and guests are entitled to write what they like provided it keeps within the guidelines. This review is their 2nd as their 1st review breached trip advisor guidelines around leaving appropriate reviews and the guest has now written a different version of events.

Receiving 50 trip advisor reviews at time of writing (and rising), it is the 2nd highest reviewed property in the whole of Cyprus. The vast majority of guests leave very happy, many are repeat guests (approx. 30 % of weeks booked are from repeat guests) and not all guests who leave very happy leave reviews on trip advisor. I have learnt that you cannot please everyone even if you try to be as accommodative as possible. This is one case where the guests were extremely difficult to please which I picked up on during the booking process and in my opinion reacted to a situation that other people wouldn’t.

Before they came, we did everything to assist the guest before they arrived. It was a short term 2 day booking allowing a large party to arrive earlier and leave later than normal if they wanted which we can do when we don’t have someone arriving/leaving at the villa the same day (obviously we need time in between let’s to clean for the next set of guests to arrive).

As normal my local agent (who is mentioned positively in many previous reviews) met them at the villa to show them around etc, part of our meet and greet procedure. They were very happy when entering the villa, its facilities, cleanliness etc. Regrettably and obviously through no fault of their own, a small mouse seems to have entered the villa sometime during their first day. It was not noticed by the guests until very late evening. They called my agent, also emailing myself and we stated that we would come around the next morning to assist. Even this it seems was not adequate for them. They moaned when my agent arrived at 10:00am which was not an unreasonable time as he had to initially buy some mouse traps beforehand (we have not had this issue before). She later apologised to him for her behaviour. It seems the main guest had made their mind up that they wanted to leave the following day (it was only a 2 day booking).

What a pathetic carry on over 1 (in words ONE) tiny mouse! These guests are just compensation seekers. The guest wanted a full refund as “they stated they couldn’t possibly stay in the villa” after this and if they didn’t they would notify the police etc. Sorry but I don’t do blackmail. The guest saying they noticed mouse droppings as soon as they arrived is different to her first story and doesn’t make sense because we would have investigated. We were only notified around midnight.

I have a duty to look after guests, see to problems as quickly as we can which we did in this instance. This is not an adequate excuse to get a full refund, they decided to leave the villa on their own accord which we were extremely surprised about and has never happened before. If there was a more serious problem, I would have gladly either accommodated them elsewhere or part returned their money. They could have easily enjoyed the pool, beach, marina etc. the following day. The mouse was caught in one of the traps in the afternoon which my agent removed after the guests had left…. End of problem. Just to be certain that there wasn’t a wider issue on this I emailed the previous guests (who had checked out 2 days earlier and left a positive review for me) and they confirmed as expected they didn’t see any mouse at all. I also asked the same for the guests staying afterwards as well (again another positive review) and again no issue. The guest’s initial comment, saying it came out of the wardrobe is incorrect because it just wouldn’t survive in the climate. The floors are all concrete and tiled so there’s no where for them to live. It came from outside on the day of their arrival, simple as that.

The air conditioning is an extra for bedrooms and lounge and we advise guests if they need it or not obviously depending on the time of year. I don’t want to charge guests for things that are not required or they don’t require and my charges are extremely reasonable compared to other villas. These charges are all stated in my advert and at time of booking so not sure what her issue is here. There is an override to the timers which we notify summer guests so they can be run without the timers and we have never had any complaints. Her complaint is very odd here because she is to date the only person to ask for pool heating in the Summer because she comes from UAE and Cyprus is to her cold in Summer but so badly needed the a/c ?????? We have guests swimming in the sea at Latchi from April right through to December.

Re refundable security deposit, her deposit was refunded by transfer back to the bank she paid into which was my agents. We did tentatively talk about refunding it in cash on the day of departure but as she left earlier than expected we couldn’t do this as my agent had a previous engagement at the time she left the villa. Hardly fair do you think ! This contractual arrangement is with myself and not my local agent so not sure why she is blaming him for anything here.

This is just a revenge review because the main guest didn’t get her own way, didn’t like my first response and didn’t like her first review being rejected by trip advisor (so any sleaziness lies with the guest). The title of her first review ‘of mice and men’ speaks volumes in itself about this individual. I also don’t like the way she insults locals about their productivity. We use a lot of local Cypriot tradesmen for lots of odd jobs around the villa but like with a lot of people they aren’t necessarily available at times you wish them to be.

I encourage guests to read previous reviews which picks up on the villa and service provided by both myself and my local agent and if a future guest reads this and wants further clarification please contact me directly. I would not have got so many reviews and repeat bookings without working hard to ensure all guests enjoy their stay at villa Poinciana. Thankyou for reading.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;