“Perfect and idilic location”
other travellers have booked this property
Yazade house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Yazade house
Kicthen/ lounge
bellapais abbey at night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Laders
London
“Perfect and idilic location”
Reviewed 3 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We had the pleasure of staying with Kay and Cliff at Yazade House for two weeks in August. From the start of the booking process until the day we had to leave and go home, we found Kay and Cliff to be very helpful and extremely hospitable.

Cliff built Yazade House from a ruin (ask Cliff to show you the photos). They have ended up with a beautiful home and superb rental apartments. Yazade House is in the old part of Kyrenia and a perfect location for exploring the old town.

The apartment can sleep up to four but we only needed the main bedroom with the on suite bathroom. The bed was large and very comfortable with plenty of pillows and crisp clean sheets, which are changes regularly. The kitchenette was well equipped with modern appliances and two sofas. Outside is a fresh water swimming pool, which is excellent for cooling down in the heat of August. The pool is shared with the Summerhouse, which is also for rent and sleeps two.

No14 Restaurant, which is set in the grounds of Yazade House, has a varied menu and is always in the top 5 restaurants in Kyrenia. The restaurant guests were never there too late leaving in the evening so never disturb us.

I would recommend Yazade House as it is close to the local shops and the historic harbour.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Going home
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
George B
Istanbul
“A perfect escape for R and R”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Kay and Cliff are lovely, considerate hosts and the food they prepare in their restaurant is delicious. The beautifully appointed summer house room, the pretty court yard garden and the swimming pool make a Yazade a cool, calm retreat from which to explore North Cyprus. We loved being there, we felt well looked after and will be back. Highly recommended.

Dear Reviewer

I'd like to take the time to say thank you for your kind words and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Yazade.

We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Cliff & Kay
Jack J
London, United Kingdom
“What a fabulous place”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

Me and my wife were a little hesitant about arriving at Yazade House after reading their latest review. We aren't members of trip advisor but have always used it to help us choose our holiday accommodation but after having a wonderful week in this gorgeous apartment in stunning surroundings felt the need to write a review to let other future guests know what it's really like. When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely lady who is the owner she was so very welcoming and warm and offered us plenty of info about the area. The apartment is very comfortable indeed and has everything we needed for our chosen self catering holiday. It was spotless and we loved the large bed. It was definitely a bonus to have a lady come daily and tidy our room. We will definitely recommend your beautiful apartment to friends and family. Thank you for a stunning holiday and we will definitely be back.

Liked best: The private terrace
Friends getaway Older travelers
15 Aug 2014
thank you so much for your very kind review, it really is so kind of you to take the time, and it means a great deal to us.

Kay
aine46
singapore
“What a disppointment.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked this property based on previous reviews and the available photographs. Unfortunately this apartment is not as it appears on the website.
The "all mod cons" mentioned included a kettle, toaster and oven. No TV, no indoor wifi, a small fridge that barely kept food cool and aircon that struggled to work. A washing machine was sealed off so no washing facilities available. What we did get was ants & cockroaches. The first thing I bought was a can of ant spray as the kitchen work surfaces were covered in them. There was also ants in the bedroom and the bathroom. I had to spray every day before we went out to keep them at bay.
The bathroom facilities had white towels that were now a dirty grey colour. The shower itself was also very poor. There was maid service 6 days a week but towels were only changed once.
Our initial query for this apartment was for 3 persons. The apartment sleeps 4 which is why we booked it & accepted the price. However on arrival we were informed that they were not aware of a 3rd person so we needed to be charged an extra £200. This was excessive in my opinion & in the end we paid £150 which I still disagree with. The pretty cottage bedroom furniture that was on the website was not there. The wrought iron bed was replaced with a divan bed, the arm chair was removed. The pictures on the wall were also gone. The pretty lounge blinds were replaced with cheaper white curtains. With nothing quite working properly we decided to cut short our holiday & return home after a week instead of 10 days.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
20 Jul 2014
We are really sorry that this family didn’t appreciate Yazade House at all, they didn't spend a minute in the garden and indeed were the first guests ever not to dine at our Bistro 14, which was a shame. They arrived 3 persons after paying for two and only booking the one bedroom apartment, which is clearly stated on the website they had booked from. The couple were pleasant until I mentioned there would be an extra charge for the third guest as they wanted the two bedroom apartment and not the one bedroom apartment they booked and paid for. I said there must have been a misunderstanding and I would compromise and accept £150 extra. This I thought was fair, They retaliated by saying there were ants everywhere, and the air con was not cooling to her standard.
As far as the complaint of the ants are concerned, I had checked the apartment half and hour before they arrived and there were no ants, it is ant season here in Cyprus and unfortunately in all villas and apartments here in Cyprus we suffer with them, its a nuisance and we have to spray everyday, which my housekeeper does, I do feel a few ants in the kitchen and similar amount in the bathroom, and bedroom has been exaggerated, and as for cockroaches the season for these pests had not even began when they were here and there was no mention of this when they were here. Its not unreasonable to accept we are in the Med, and this is something we have to expect and the website clearly states we are situated in a built up area in the Turkish Quarter.
As far as mod cons are concerned, the fridge is cold but when they were here it was 42 degrees so any fridge would struggle to be freezing. As soon as they told me that they were not satisfied with the air con I called the technician who regassed the unit and gave it the thumps up, no other guests had complained about the air con.
I cannot understand why they said a washing machine was not available, we don’t profess to have a washing machine in the apartment, so I am a little bewildered about her comments about the machine being hidden away.
With regard to clean towels for guests we change the bedding bedding and towels every third day, I do believe they asked for extra towels which we provided, the towels are perfectly acceptable, I must admit they are not whiter then white, but they are good quality, we will certainly take the comments on board, and will replace for new.
Also we have changed the double bed in the master bedroom for a king size bed, most people say Wow when they see the bedroom, but my interior design skills are obviously not appreciated by them. I am negligent in as much as I haven’t replaced the pictures but was wanting to achieve a minimalist look, I will hang some pictures to avoid this complaint happening again. With regard to the cream curtains in the living room, I can assure the guests they are not “cheap “ as they quoted in their review, but a very good quality broken window fabric from Turkey, we had several conversations with the gentleman who was charming, and he explained that he had been called back to London on business which often happens, and that was the reason they were leaving.
As I explained to the family they live in Dubai, where everything is new and very polished, I imagine their air conditioning is amazing to deal with the intense heat there, we are not Dubai, we live in the Med and its not always quite as perfect as we would wish.
RebeccaCl...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Our perfect week away”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Yazade House is a little oasis gem. From the swimming pool surrounded by beautiful plants to the minarets call to prayer. The rooms are tastefully decorated to add to the chilled and relaxing ambiance and it's close enough to the harbour and town to be able walk and collect supplies or visit places like the Kyrenia Castle.

The restaurant in the evening offers a lovely chilled atmosphere and the food is wonderful with excellent and attentive staff - with myself and my Dad being vegetarians I wasn't expecting much in the way of vegetarian options but we were pleasantly surprised to be able to enjoy some beautiful dishes on the menu - we will definitely be returning!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The balcony area of our villa.
Liked least: Non applicable
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
15 Aug 2014
We are more than delighted with your great review, even enjoying the call to prayer, I personally think like yourselves this adds to the atmosphere of Yazade.

Kay
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing