“Good hotel, great food”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clervaux
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, great food”
Reviewed 26 June 2008

I have stayed here a couple of times but always on business so no chance to try out all the facilities. Clean and comfortable with good and helpful staff. Enjoyed the food, was well cooked and tasted great.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank ricgre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 13 January 2008

My partner brought me here for a birthday surprise. Clervaux is a beautiful little city. Our room was comfortable and clean, and it did have internet access, contrary to what another reviewer said. Maybe they've gotten it between now and then. Anyway, we went for the spa, which was lovely. Almost everyone is fluent in French, German and Dutch, but not English. However, the degree of fluency in each language was quite variable. For example, the women who work in the spa (and all the spa therapists were women) speak French, and practically French only. This is important to note for visitors who know no French, because these women will be doing very intimate things
for you, such as covering you head to toe in hot mud and then helping you wash it off. One great thing about this hotel is that it was very nice to visit a place in Europe that has very definitely escaped being
too Americanized. Very little English was spoken, and I saw no other identifiably American travellers! We had dinner in the hotel restaurant for my birthday. I'm vegetarian, and my partner ordered me a special vegetarian meal. What I got was penne with a tomato sauce I could have made myself, which was disappointing. (I haven't told my partner that because I don't want him to feel bad.) I think his meal was better than mine, but I am not sure. The restaurant service was better than the food. Better than the restaurant were the funny piano bar where we had drinks each night (no piano playing, only 80s pop music, with the same short cd playing over and over) and the quasi-diner where we had breakfast and lunch. For people who eat eggs and cheese, this diner featured lovely crepes, omelets, cheeses, and so forth. There was even Champagne included if you wanted it. For lunch my partner selected a cheese plate that had four or five large selections of cheeses. I selected a selection of four or five salads that was equally ample and tasty. I would definitely recommend the Hotel International for a spa vacation.

• Liked — The spa
  • Disliked — The fact that they wanted us to pay €40 extra to use the Turkish bath that was inside our bathroom. That was a rip-off.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ronni-michelle
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2007

Nice and very comfortable hotel. No have chance to try spar, but I have plan to back to here again. Staff very friendly and helpfull. Will defently back again to this hotel.

Stayed December 2007
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2007

This is an OK hotel. The rooms are smallish but clean. The food is OK but never great. There is a good SPA attached as well as an interesting Piano Bar and a decent gym. For business travelers there is not internet access at the hotel though.

• Liked — Spa & Pool
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
South East
Reviewed 10 May 2007

Requested old beamed room/suite. Had up and downstairs loft style with ample room and 1 1/2 baths. A bit strange that the furniture was very modern in the old structure. You have to duck to miss the beams but felt that gave it uniqueness. Has an indoor pool and sauna (nude only so we passed on that). Very central location with reasonable restaurant cost. Several other restaurants within steps. English language help ability varied with staff. Enjoyed the crepes made on site at breakfast. Nearby town of Vianden with castle a great spot to visit or stay.

Stayed May 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clervaux
2.7 km away
1.0 km away
Hotel des Nations
Hotel des Nations
#5 of 8 in Clervaux

Been to Hotel International? Share your experiences!