“Amazing apartment - very clean, comfortable and...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Laida Apartment

Side seaview view from Apartment Balcony to Seashore Terrace with Table & Chairs at rear of Apartment
Check Availability
Terrace with Table & Chairs at rear of Apartment
Smart TV at Living area
Dining table
Dining to Kitchen area view
Kitchen breakfast bar and kitchen
Living area with Smart TV
Children's play area close to Apartment
Seashore Lido (Public Pool) by Apartment
Double bedroom (Air Conditioned)
Double bedroom (Air Conditioned)
Bedroom with pullout single bed (Air Conditioned)
Rear Terrace with table & chairs
Sliema Promenade 4 minutes walk away
Modern fully equipped kitchen
Seashore Lido (Public Pool) by Apartment
Large modern kitchen with breakfast bar
Bathroom with shower over bathtub
Dining area
Table & Chairs view at rear Terrace
Coastline by the Apartment
Sliema views from Portomaso Harbour
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Dutch first
Any
kristengo...
“Amazing apartment - very clean, comfortable and conveniently located!”
Reviewed 30 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

This apartment was the perfect accommodation for my husband and I on our honeymoon. The place was spotless, aesthetically pleasing, and conveniently located next to a variety of great food vendors and shops. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed for a homelike experience. The bedrooms were cozy, comfortable and provided us with all necessary amenities. I would definitely recommend Laida apartment to any future renters!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Sep 2016
Dear Sammy - we hope you had a fantastic honeymoon at Laida. Please come visit us again in the near future!
sammygolo...
Lethbridge, Canada
“Clean, spacious, and a prime location, what more could you ask for?”
Reviewed 30 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed here for honeymoon, and it was absolutely incredible. The owner of this place has thought of absolutely everything a guest could need. We came alway from Canada, and found it so accommodating in ever way. The location was so convenient, as we were on the main boardwalk, right next to the sea. We were also right by tons of awesome food vendors, restaurants, shopping areas and main bus route. There was a giant grocery shop only a five minute walk away, which was nice for us to pick up a few things for the few meals we did cook. The kitchen was super modern, and spacious, and fully equipped. I highly recommend booking this place for your stay in Malta.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
15 Sep 2016
Dear Sammy - thank you for your Trip Advisor Review and we are glad you found Laida comfortable! We look forward to welcoming you again!
Lorraine...
Dublin, Ireland
“Ticks all the boxes”
Reviewed 21 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

This apartment is fantastic, the layout & facilities are to a very high standard. The location is perfect for beach, shops, buses & a great selection of places to eat.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Sep 2016
Thank you Lorraine for your review! We agree with you, Laida does "tick all the boxes"! We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!
Gabie_azz
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Apartment located in a great part of the island - wonderful stay! ”
Reviewed 10 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Have stayed at this apartment in June 2016 and it was a lovely find. The apartment was spotlessly clean and had all the needed amenities one would need on holiday, including beach towels and a blow dryer which I regret lugging all the way with me unnecessarily.
Loved the little terrace tucked away at the back - sipping wine in the evenings there was my time out zone.
Location is great and we walked to different restaurants every night - the Sliema waterpolo pitch was a great find - we went there twice for good local fish right by the sea.
Clear blue waters were also less than 100 feet from the apartment - no sand but very accessible my steps and railings. It started to get busy towards the end of the afternoon. Went to other beaches (north of the island) by bus from next to the Preluna hotel - which is also a very short walk away from the apartment.
Looking forward to visit Malta again and will definitely come to this gem again.

Anna C
Melbourne, Australia
“Not impressed the moment I entered the apartment”
Reviewed 6 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

AS I entered the apartment all I could see is dust and hair on the floor. My second impression as I entered into kitchen/dining area, I saw finger marks all over cupboards, fridge, stove, TV and appliances. The washing machine had fluff and hair around the rim. The sink was not sparkling clean. As I entered the bathroom, the towels where grey in colour, not fluffy white and beautiful to use. The bedrooms did not have block out blinds but had thin blinds and morning light entered the rooms. They provided new block out blinds quite promptly. We had to wait for the apartment to be re-sscleaned. Very inconvenient and ambarasing for my Italian friends which was their first time in Malta. On the Saturday night on my return to the apartment, I couldn't enter the building because the door handle turned 360degrees. It was very frustrating at 0100hrs. I had to wake up my friends to allow me entry.. Not happy.
The elevator broke down 3 times in the 10 nights I was there. Windows where dirty. There where no flyscreens on doors and windows, consequently, no circulating air whilst I was sleeping with bedroom door closed for my privacy and my friends privacy.
Also my mattress was a spring type and uncomfortable, not much padding and had to sleep in the centre of the mattress and it had a slant to the side. Pillows smelt of other peoples odour and flat and hard from overuse. The duvet cover had balls all over it and hair stuck to it. and the end of the duvet was placed at the head of the bed, instead of the other way round. All in all it was not comfortable stay. I had requested a mattress topper or an exchange of mattress and this matter was not addressed. In fact I was told, Oh! the mattress is only 3 years old.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: bed, bedding, linen/towels, lift unserviceable 3 times, door knob downstairs to enter the building was useless
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 Jun 2016
Dear Anna, Firstly allow me to apologies for the cleanliness upon your arrival, upon your notification we had the maid back over there within 30 minutes to reassess and clean again.

Honestly we have rune the property for almost 2 years and in those 2 years nobody commented on the existing blinds in the bedroom, however I came over to inspect and the very next day we installed complete roller blackout blinds.

The matter of the main block entrance door was registered with the block administrator, I personally visited the property on three occasions whilst you had residency and although the door handle does rotate I entered without a problem.

In terms of your other registered issues re; the light outside the Apartment door was not working I left you a note to inform you the switch was on the inside of the Apartment and had to be left on where the motion sensor will activate when you come out of the lift. If you recall we had several sand storms from North Africa leaving marks on everybody's windows including mine.

I do apologies for the lack of French restaurants.

I do apologies for the lack of Government street light, we never had an issue where someone couldn't see the Apartment name before.

In terms of the mattress we never had a complaint till now from yourself, your memory foam mattress at home is most definitely different from a pocket sprung mattress, just for the record the mattress was purchased August 2014 I was the property brand new.

In summary I do apologies for the issues you have raised, we acted promptly in solving all your request, but the mattress has served guest very well indeed and may be a matter of self preference, I sleep on a water latex mattress and do find when staying at hotels or private accommodation the mattress is most certainly different.

Your Italian friends when I visited on one occasion thanked me for our prompt response in arranging the above mentioned, advising me all was fine and not to worry.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing