2,473 results
All reviews sky room beach club triton restaurant sea view sun terrace outdoor pool tower block evening entertainment sea front half board buffet style rooftop bar just returned from a week steam room bus stop breakfast and dinner visiting malta
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We stayed here with a large group but would not normally stay in a hotel in such a built up area. We thought it was good value,in a convenient sea front location and clean. The staff were friendly and efficient if a bit rushed .
A minor point,I asked for a toothbrush as I had forgotten one and it did not arrive in our room .Reception tried to find one but apparently only 'Housekeeping' had them and they had gone home. Perhaps a few items could be kept in reception for guests who need them out of Houskeeping hours, after all the room information states they are available .
The public areas are quite large with comfortable seating and a bar. We did not use the spa but I heard from friends tnat it was fine.The top floor has an excellent view but sadly the bar area there was closed during most of our stay, a pity refurbishment could not be done in the winter! The outdoor pool area was closed as well.The sundeck was nice but it had no sun umbrellas or shade except in the entrance area so I was unable to read while lounging there.
Breakfast was OK but poorly presented and crowded. I had to hunt for cutlery almost every day. The coffee was good as were the pastries with a good but there was a good, basic cooked breakfast. .I avoided the yogurts as they were longife ones .The food at our 'Gala dinner' was good and the service was friendly and efficient.We ate at the Italian restaurant Sciantusi ,linked to the hotel and had a poor experience. (See seperate review.)
Our friends ate at the Japanese restaurant there and found it good.
The room was clean and acceptable but rather hot and drab. The bathroom was fine but some of the grouting needed redoing and the toiletries were of a poor quality, most in dispensers.The ceiling fan was appreciated but rather noisy at night.
Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank foodieitalian
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Décor needs refreshing, and I thought the room was a trifle expensive for what it was but then I do not have a comparison with other Malta Hotels so my comment may be unfair. However, that is all the negatives aside. The room was comfortable with all the expected facilities, shower/bath combo had plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Breakfast was great value with a good selection, freshly prepared. So that was all good, but what really made this hotel was the staff. All of them were friendly and helpful and attentive to detail that made us feel we were important to them (eg chasing up the taxis and keeping us informed of expected arrival even when several people were waiting in the lobby). The hotel has great sea views and is convenient for getting around, such as into Valletta.

Room tip: Sea view side has balcony but can be quite windy
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Went last week April and can only rate as average although I can understand the varied scores.

I'll start with the positives.

Excellent location for bus and ferry transport to st Julian's bay and Valletta. Pleasant restaurants just outside hotel. A couple of bars outside but not much going on if your into lively pubs.

Food ok, choice good at breakfast. Evening food ok. Nothing fantastic but not bad.

Now for the bad.

This hotel is for a mature person, the entertainment is directed this way, if you want a keyboard player and fox trot then this maybe the place for you.

The rooms have no air-conditioning before May. Unfortunately this wasn't pleasant when the weather was very warm. Some rooms have fans but others dont.

The difference in room quality is extreme, some have great views with lovely balconies others are drab looking into other hotels. The two rooms we had were both noisey with various issues.

We got moved from one noisey dated room to a more modern room in another tower only to find 3 bed lats missing from the bed to the amusement of my wife when I fell through. The hotel quickly fixed this but how is that possible.

I wouldn't return but it's not the worst place I've stopped.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bryn Y
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Return visit to hotel after 20 years- could not fault hotel. Stayed in comfortable well appointed bedroom with great sea view. Toiletries , fridge, safe and coffee making facilities provided.Good selection at breakfast and most nights very good choice for dinner. Not keen on Oriental theme night but nice salad bar and chef cooked chicken for me.Found drinks very reasonably priced. Beach club across road open May to October. In winter months there is an 8th floor terrace with tables/ sun beds and hot tub. Skyroom on 13th floor also has terrace with panoramic views over Sliema and St Juliens. Great for reading in morning / entertainment at night. Bus stops next to hotel and on either side of the road.Hotel also has spa with small indoor pool and well equipped gym.Have booked to return in Ocober.

2  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 29 April 2018

this is our 4th visit to the preluna, we have stayed on different floors each stay but always paid for a sea view room, there is everything you need in the room, we had a comfy bed we requested a double which was what they provided, a safe in the room which is always good, the reception and waiting staff are always helpful if you need anything, breakfast is always hectic but theres plenty of room and good food choices, however the overflow breakfast room is dark and depressing with no clear windows as it was a former nightclub I believe
We used the hot tub on the roof, the sun terrace could do with some more areas of shade but on the whole its a lovely area to catch some rays, the indoor swimming pool downstairs is lovely and warm and a good area, we paid for half board and theres plenty for choices, the mini golf on the roof is a fun way to spend alittle time, to sum it up the hotel has fab views, good location and others value for money, what else do you want from a holiday , we will be back !

Room tip: Sea view room a must, ask for higher floor than no road noise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple