2,442 results
All reviews sky room triton restaurant sea view beach club across the road sun terrace outdoor pool tower block sea front evening entertainment half board st julians rooftop bar bed and breakfast basis buffet style bus stop steam room just returned from a week
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Décor needs refreshing, and I thought the room was a trifle expensive for what it was but then I do not have a comparison with other Malta Hotels so my comment may be unfair. However, that is all the negatives aside. The room was comfortable with all the expected facilities, shower/bath combo had plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Breakfast was great value with a good selection, freshly prepared. So that was all good, but what really made this hotel was the staff. All of them were friendly and helpful and attentive to detail that made us feel we were important to them (eg chasing up the taxis and keeping us informed of expected arrival even when several people were waiting in the lobby). The hotel has great sea views and is convenient for getting around, such as into Valletta.

Room Tip: Sea view side has balcony but can be quite windy
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Went last week April and can only rate as average although I can understand the varied scores.

I'll start with the positives.

Excellent location for bus and ferry transport to st Julian's bay and Valletta. Pleasant restaurants just outside hotel. A couple of bars outside but not much going on if your into lively pubs.

Food ok, choice good at breakfast. Evening food ok. Nothing fantastic but not bad.

Now for the bad.

This hotel is for a mature person, the entertainment is directed this way, if you want a keyboard player and fox trot then this maybe the place for you.

The rooms have no air-conditioning before May. Unfortunately this wasn't pleasant when the weather was very warm. Some rooms have fans but others dont.

The difference in room quality is extreme, some have great views with lovely balconies others are drab looking into other hotels. The two rooms we had were both noisey with various issues.

We got moved from one noisey dated room to a more modern room in another tower only to find 3 bed lats missing from the bed to the amusement of my wife when I fell through. The hotel quickly fixed this but how is that possible.

I wouldn't return but it's not the worst place I've stopped.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bryn Y
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Return visit to hotel after 20 years- could not fault hotel. Stayed in comfortable well appointed bedroom with great sea view. Toiletries , fridge, safe and coffee making facilities provided.Good selection at breakfast and most nights very good choice for dinner. Not keen on Oriental theme night but nice salad bar and chef cooked chicken for me.Found drinks very reasonably priced. Beach club across road open May to October. In winter months there is an 8th floor terrace with tables/ sun beds and hot tub. Skyroom on 13th floor also has terrace with panoramic views over Sliema and St Juliens. Great for reading in morning / entertainment at night. Bus stops next to hotel and on either side of the road.Hotel also has spa with small indoor pool and well equipped gym.Have booked to return in Ocober.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 29 April 2018

this is our 4th visit to the preluna, we have stayed on different floors each stay but always paid for a sea view room, there is everything you need in the room, we had a comfy bed we requested a double which was what they provided, a safe in the room which is always good, the reception and waiting staff are always helpful if you need anything, breakfast is always hectic but theres plenty of room and good food choices, however the overflow breakfast room is dark and depressing with no clear windows as it was a former nightclub I believe
We used the hot tub on the roof, the sun terrace could do with some more areas of shade but on the whole its a lovely area to catch some rays, the indoor swimming pool downstairs is lovely and warm and a good area, we paid for half board and theres plenty for choices, the mini golf on the roof is a fun way to spend alittle time, to sum it up the hotel has fab views, good location and others value for money, what else do you want from a holiday , we will be back !

Room Tip: Sea view room a must, ask for higher floor than no road noise
1  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I come to Perluna Hotel for years. Now the artists Julie and George are not going back. That's part of why I keep coming back to this hotel. I will never book this hotel again. I love the music from these two persons. She sings very good!

4  Thank J I