2,459 results
All reviews sky room triton restaurant sea view beach club sun terrace outdoor pool tower block japanese restaurant evening entertainment sea front half board st julians buffet style rooftop bar steam room just returned from a week bus stop
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Went last week April and can only rate as average although I can understand the varied scores.

I'll start with the positives.

Excellent location for bus and ferry transport to st Julian's bay and Valletta. Pleasant restaurants just outside hotel. A couple of bars outside but not much going on if your into lively pubs.

Food ok, choice good at breakfast. Evening food ok. Nothing fantastic but not bad.

Now for the bad.

This hotel is for a mature person, the entertainment is directed this way, if you want a keyboard player and fox trot then this maybe the place for you.

The rooms have no air-conditioning before May. Unfortunately this wasn't pleasant when the weather was very warm. Some rooms have fans but others dont.

The difference in room quality is extreme, some have great views with lovely balconies others are drab looking into other hotels. The two rooms we had were both noisey with various issues.

We got moved from one noisey dated room to a more modern room in another tower only to find 3 bed lats missing from the bed to the amusement of my wife when I fell through. The hotel quickly fixed this but how is that possible.

I wouldn't return but it's not the worst place I've stopped.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bryn Y
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Return visit to hotel after 20 years- could not fault hotel. Stayed in comfortable well appointed bedroom with great sea view. Toiletries , fridge, safe and coffee making facilities provided.Good selection at breakfast and most nights very good choice for dinner. Not keen on Oriental theme night but nice salad bar and chef cooked chicken for me.Found drinks very reasonably priced. Beach club across road open May to October. In winter months there is an 8th floor terrace with tables/ sun beds and hot tub. Skyroom on 13th floor also has terrace with panoramic views over Sliema and St Juliens. Great for reading in morning / entertainment at night. Bus stops next to hotel and on either side of the road.Hotel also has spa with small indoor pool and well equipped gym.Have booked to return in Ocober.

2  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 29 April 2018

this is our 4th visit to the preluna, we have stayed on different floors each stay but always paid for a sea view room, there is everything you need in the room, we had a comfy bed we requested a double which was what they provided, a safe in the room which is always good, the reception and waiting staff are always helpful if you need anything, breakfast is always hectic but theres plenty of room and good food choices, however the overflow breakfast room is dark and depressing with no clear windows as it was a former nightclub I believe
We used the hot tub on the roof, the sun terrace could do with some more areas of shade but on the whole its a lovely area to catch some rays, the indoor swimming pool downstairs is lovely and warm and a good area, we paid for half board and theres plenty for choices, the mini golf on the roof is a fun way to spend alittle time, to sum it up the hotel has fab views, good location and others value for money, what else do you want from a holiday , we will be back !

Room tip: Sea view room a must, ask for higher floor than no road noise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I come to Perluna Hotel for years. Now the artists Julie and George are not going back. That's part of why I keep coming back to this hotel. I will never book this hotel again. I love the music from these two persons. She sings very good!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank J I
Reviewed 28 April 2018

No point in pointing out at the reception about flaws or problems. ( We had people spitting on our balcony, went immediately telling the personnel they did nothing). The spitting is still 4 days later on our balcony.

In the beginning we worked like cleaning ladies, the minibar/fridge was leaking all over the room. Didn't see any personnel fixing the fridge ( even if we were promised maintenance.

Towels are neatly placed in the bathroom, but they are not changed. To begin whit we had un clean sheets in the beds.

Yesterday coming back to the room, cleaners had tipped over the foot-lamp, or maybe someone else?

Today we observed the cleaning process, the door to our room was unattended and open in more than 15 minutes. And no one was in our room. The cleaners closed the room and we entered. The balcony door was open. Almost anyone can walk into the room from an open door. 4 star hotell??? Seriously ?!

• Trip type: Travelled on business