“Great for what it is”

USD 34.92*
and up
Malta: The Three Cities and Wine Tasting Tour
Reviewed 13 January 2012

To begin, I should say that Hop On / Hop Off buses are generally against my principles. On this trip, however, I had my older in-laws with me, and not only can they not do a great deal of walking, they aren't that adventurous in terms of public transportation.

The buses themselves were very old, and the audio systems were pretty awful. The commentary itself was pretty dry, and lacking context. It was also VERY difficult to hear.

I would recommend these buses if purchased in combination with the "Malta Pass" - especially at the discount given online. Even visiting a few of the attractions would make the bus free, and it is an effective way of getting to some parts of Malta.

The staff seemed very friendly and professional, but we were also coming from Sicily, so our perspective may be a bit jaded.

Date of experience: January 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"overview"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Maltasightseeing is the official hop on- hop off bus company of Malta and it is amazing from simple airport transfers to tours around the islands and cruises, etc.
They are located in every hotel and they really care about the tourist..Although in other countries i travelled with citysightseeing which you find it in malta as well, it is crap in Malta, they are not on time, they just care for the money and I wouldn't recommend anyone to visit Malta with their tours!!! Choose malta sightseeing and you won't regret anything :) my stay was amazing and next year I'm planning to go back!

Date of experience: October 2011
3  Thank Lara B
Reviewed 5 January 2012

lovely.stunning.gladiator filmed near here as well as several films including Munich so worth it for that if you're a film geek.strange lay out in a lovely/quirky way. due to being busy though wouldnt want to spend all day there. :)

Date of experience: August 2011
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Our cruise ship stopped in Valletta for one day. Our local tour guide Amy Pace met us at the port and took us to the different areas around Malta. We visited churches, old neighborhoods and toured the upscale area of old Malta. We visited the underground cave of the Hypogeum. Be sure to reserve your ticket ahead of time for the tour is limited to only 10 persons per hour. It was certainly worth the visit. While some of us were at the one hour tour of Hypogeum, Amy was able to take others in our group to another sightseeing area

Amy spoke english without any trouble. She was very respectful and extremely knowledgeable. Whenever I corresponded with her she replied very quickly.
I would recommend her without question.

Date of experience: December 2011
8  Thank suzyheights
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We took the red hop-on hop-off bus in Malta. I don't know why they publish a schedule for the bus in their brochure because they make no effort to keep to it. The bus stops so that the driver can have a cigarette or talk on his mobile phone or wait for some of his friends etc. etc. My recommendation would be to try the competition (ie. the yellow hof-on hop-off bus) - it can't be anymore inept!

Date of experience: November 2011