LABRANDA Rocca Nettuno Suites
USD 201
USD 191
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Two Pillows Boutique Hostel(Sliema)(Great Value!)
USD 147
USD 141
USD 121
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfridge freezerbathroom sinkliving roomcrockery and cutlerytigne point shopping malldining tablerooftop poolkitchen areathe busquiet streetexcellent locationsea fronta couple of minutes walkmain promenadesmall poolrestaurants and shopsbase to explore
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We stayed there for 3 nights in March using some promotion at one of the online booking agents. So the price was really low and I did not expect much. But it turned out to be such a good value for the money that we were pleasantly surprised. The apartment was huge, really huge - one part with bed, other with kitchen-like facilities and tv. Bathroom was also large. Cannot remember if I have ever slept in such huge room or apartment. So you have a lot of place for your luggage and other staff. Bed was comfortable, shower was good - although there was some leakage problem and we had some water on the floor after taking a shower. Those were the most important issues as we did not spend much time in the room. Our room offered some view to the harbour but there's a building site so in non-specified future there may be no such view.

Breakfasts were very average (avoid the cakes!) but enough for filling our bellies in the morning and hey, they were onsite. We usually had some other coffee and some snack later in the morning in the town.

Location is quite good for Sliema - it's very close to the bus stops (buses 13,14, 16 take you to Valletta main bus station; X2 connects Sliema with the airport - however it runs once per hour so I suggest taking bus to Valletta and changing there to more frequent X4 - or the other way if coming from the airport) and also close to the public ferry terminal. Ferry takes you straight to Valletta for EUR 2,80 for return ticket. Some restaurants can be easily found nearby.

Reception staff was kind and helpful - especially Polish girl.

Generally the place is not brand new and would welcome some refurbishment but it's still very good. All in all, if you don't need a fancy hotel room and you don't have to stay in Valletta itself, this place in Sliema can be recommended.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Very bad experience! I and my wife planned to back hotel and sleep earlier at the last night in Malta as we need to get to the airport at 7am next day. However, I gotta ask for the chef's permission to sleep because my room especially near my bed is surrounded with noise which caused by the vent turned on in the lobby kitchen. The noise started at 6:30pm and I complained to the front desk at 7:00pm, root cause found at 7:30, staff promised to stop the noise afterward. The noise was stopped for 2 mins but comes out again, coz the chef refused to turn off the vent. Yes, of course, Chef is cooking, dinner has to be cooked, restaurant need to be kept open, the customer who ordered dinner need to be served, the show must go on. After a very long discussion with the front desk staff I was told with the same answer, the vent cannot be turned off until 9pm or the fire alarm will be activated when chef is cooking, no matter you wanted to sleep or not, no matter you need to get up at 4am. I was told that complaint can be raised and will be passed to the manager, however there is nothing we can do but wait. We enjoyed the noise for almost 3 hours and then we were allowed to sleep. We can't blame anyone coz we have paid the room in advance, while the customer in the restaurant not. Whether we like or not, accept or not, come back again or not, we still need to wait until 9pm and forced to enjoy the 3 hours noise. Yes, complaint can be made and the hotel's manager must reply, but we need to wait until 9pm with headache as a gift by the hotel until we are allowed to sleep. Nothing could stop the vent but chef's permission. Just like nothing could stop me spreading out this unforgettable experience. But yes, so what? I paid.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Really liked it here. I think it's great value for what we paid.
Our room was huge and a very pleasant surprise!
Large living area, big bedroom and a huge bathroom which is always welcome. The only thing I couldn't quite get to grips with was the a/c however got it working to a decent temp in the end.
Decent breakfast provided every morning. Couldn't complain found something to eat each day.
Staff were friendly. Hotel was in a decent location to the Sliema front.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claire O
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Stayed here March 2018 for 3 nights as a solo female traveller. The location is great for the bus stops and ferry to Valetta and also the local bars restaurants and shopping mall.
The night shift guys on reception were both great and friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
The room had everything I needed but probably wouldn't have been suitable for a self catering holiday.
For me i use my apartment as a place to rest my head and this place was perfect for that. I was up and out on a morning and returned to sleep.

Room Tip: All rooms are great in size
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We chose to return to Rocca Nettuno Suites having stayed there several years ago. It is located on a quiet street but only a couple of minutes walk to the busy Sliema Strand with plenty of shops and bars. Booking in by the friendly staff was quick and simple. Arriving in our room and having a quick check over things revealed that neither of the phones were working due to the fact the batteries were not charged. Tracing the power cable to the plug and socket revealed the reason. The plug was a continental two pin plug with its pins bent outwards to fit (poorly) into a UK three pin socket. I reported this to the front desk only to be told be the receptionist thedat she has done the same thing in her own house. Having explained the dangers she reported it to maintenance and the correct adaptor was fitted.
The mattresses are in dire need of replacing as does the room furniture. The general decor of the room, in fact the whole hotel, needs an update.
On day three I entered the bathroom and sliped on the wet floor. This was due to a leak from the ceiling through the light fitting. This was reported to the front desk but as it was still raining and no other room was available, "We are unable to do anything about it" except put extra towels on the floor to soak up the water.
Breakfast was included but was a very meagre half-hearted affair. Toast was lovely.
The hotel gives easy access to Sliema Strand with its variety of bars some reasonably cheap others no so but all staffed by very friendly people.
Until the hotel is updated and safety items are addressed I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018