“Quick and efficient service”

Ir-Rizzu Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 56 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Was on a 4 hour tour of Malta, and my driver recommended this local place to eat the fresh catch of the day(fish). I informed the restaurant that I was in a bit of a hurry, and I was not disappointed.
The restaurant is located on the waterfront, you can see the famous colourful boats of the village and fishermen tidying up their boats. Restaurant is quite spacious with free wifi access!
I ordered a Mediterranean fish called "lumberjack" and it came grilled with tomatoes, fries and a side salad. They also served this amazing antipasto with tomato, tuna relish(?) and mung bean tapenade- it was delicious!!!
I was in and out of the restaurant within 40 minutes. Service is friendly, though a bit reserved. Price under 20€

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is perfect if your looking for a meal that will cost a fortune and leave you bitterly disappointed!
Salmon and prawn starter- beautiful but easy.
Main course- sea food platter, would have been lovely if I liked the taste of rubber and sea food that’s not even close to fresh. The worst meal I have had in malta, hands down.
Ruined my day.
We had a new waiter, must of only had a few shifts under his belt, and I can’t complain about him, greeted us with a smile and collected our plates fast once we were done, thanks bud!

Up your standards ir-rizzu.

2  Thank Luke D
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Nice and spacious restaurant. Very good italin menue list - not too long, but good.
Good wine, friendly and helpful english speaking staff.
I had two times the linguine with black sepia and black in sauce. Delicious - marvellous!
Traditional maltese fish soup - astoningly based on rice. Yumm - yummh!
The only distuirbing thing for me, are the big TV scrfeens on the wall (mute!) with lots of changing pictures and a little bit disturbing.
Definitely one of the better things on Malta!

I came back already.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

If you enjoy your fish then thus is for you. We both had a tomato fish spaghetti as a main and calamari starter it was really lovely I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Our first visit was on a Sunday, the busiest day for Marsaxlokk. Service was not fast, but that was to be expected, and we didn't mind at all. We had a pasta starter each, then shared the Ir-Rizzu seafood platter. All three dishes were top-notch. The pasta dishes were simple, fresh, super-tasty and perfectly cooked. The platter was excellent. Octopus can be made rubbery, but like everything else on the platter it was delicious. We liked the meal so much we returned 2 days later for another lunch.

Second time round our seafood platter arrived before the starters, so it was taken away again, without any apology. i did wonder if it might be reheated and come out again, so kept an eye on the kitchen to see f it was given to somebody else who'd ordered one, but it wasn't. When our platter did arrive the first few things we tried were a bit rubbery, but the mussells were cold. There was not the slightest doubt in our minds that our dish had been recycled. It was not a patch on what we'd had 2 days before. We called the waiter over, and were offered a replacement, but we'd rather gone off it by then. No apology, and tellingly no denial. Also no bill for the platter, whiich was just as well Very disappointing after the superb meal we'd had last time.

We will go away from Malta with great memories of our first meal at Ir-Rizzu, and will try to forget the second.