“do not expect a lot and you will be satisfied with your meal if you like fish”

Ir-Rizzu Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 56 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

do not expect too much with the decor or the service but you will get a good starter and a good second course of fish. The owner Leli is charming and he is the main chef at lunchtime. This restaurant's speciality is fish. You will not be let down provided it is fish you like.Meat dishes are also available

Reviewed 4 October 2017

My wife and I have just returned from Malta and visited the Ir rizzu restaurant as we were told the restaurants serve the best fresh fish in Marsaxlokk. I think we picked the wrong one. We ordered Lampuki each and asked if it would be 'bone free' and were told it would be. It wasn't. We had about a dozen small bones each which put us off a bit but we ate slowly and finished our meal. The fish was very bland and tasteless, they served a salsa with it that was really too spicy to eat, some very bland leaves and a small bowl of chips. Not what we expected for the price we paid. 16:50 euros each. The fish was also very thin and not a lot of it.
Later that day we were talking to Maltese people who said 'that was not Lampuki' you had as Lampuki is a big boned fish and has thick meat. I truly believe we were given a wrong fish.
The service was not very good either. I would certainly not recommend this restaurant to anyone. The Maltese people we spoke to told us it used to be good but is not anymore. Wish I'd spoken to them before we went.
Give it a wide berth.

irrizzu, Manager at Ir-Rizzu Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Sorry for your experience here with us. Never had a complain about lampuki , but still if there was something wrong with yours you should have pointed it out to us . I assure you they were Lampuki , we don't mess with the fish , never did it in our 30 years of catering.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Exelent food and service in the middle of this beautiful fishing village.exelent fish soup salads and main courses,also spacious and outdoor seating.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have been coming to Malta on and off for over 30 years. In that time we have sampled many restaurants. Some excellent and a few absolute hell holes. For us (and I realise this is down to personal taste), Ir-Rizzu is our favourite. The pan fried octopus in garlic in particular is awesome. You simply must try this place.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I can't recommend this restaurant enough. We were personally shown the options of fresh fish we could choose from. We were excellently advised and tje food was fresh, delicious and well prepared. The owners and waiters were very friendly. We enjoyed our meal very much. We had Rockfish which was steamed and red snapper grilled. Do try this place.