SMS Group - S Mifsud & Sons Day Tours
Book In Advance
Tours from SMS Group - S Mifsud & Sons Day Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience SMS Group - S Mifsud & Sons Day Tours
from USD 31.24
from USD 47.44
from USD 68.27
from USD 48.60
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

It was worst day on Malta. We went to see fireworks with two kids ( 7and 15 years old) in one the villages. Hop On-Hop Off picked up us at 19:45 and dropped in the village at 20:45. The main wireworks started at 11:05 and finished in three minutes. We understood that it was religious fest and local people celebrated it.There no cafes, pubs and restaurants to sit and have dinner, and spend time. The bus picked us at 12:30, my daughter was slept on the ground. All people in our group from different hotels were complained. I paid 75 Euro for nothing. NEVER TRUST THE SMS AGENCY ON MALTA!!!

Date of experience: August 2017
4  Thank sulkhanl
SMSResortServices, Manager at SMS Group - S Mifsud & Sons Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Sulkhan L,

With regards to your comment kindly note that the fireworks usually starts at around 23.00 hours and they usually last for approximately an hour.

it would be greatly appreciated if you can send me a private e mail to check exactly the date of your tour so from our side we can check with our supplier. My e mail address is nbuhagiar@sms.com.mt

Nathalie

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I had a very disappointing day tour it was my second time on this tour.It was my boyfriend's first visit to Malta.I felt Paul the tour guide was very uninformative the entire day .He was with SMS tours.I found him to be unhelpful racist and very rude.He spent most of the trip talking about his personal life .The bus on Gozo we had was not airconditioned .
It was 45 degrees that day !!.I will be given second thoughts to tours i book through Viator and SMS tours are to be avoided .

Date of experience: August 2017
4  Thank DMcCabe83
SMSResortServices, Manager at SMS Group - S Mifsud & Sons Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear DMcCabe83,

We have received an e mail from the guide Paul that he had answered you privately.

We apologize on his behave if his behavior or his jokes offended you in any way.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We booked through EBookers and the vouchers stated that a representative would be waiting for us in the arrivals lounge. After much hunting we realised that not rep was present and a rep from another company pointed us towards the SMS desk. The lady behind the desk could not locate our booking so walked us down a corridor where to another desk which was seemed to be run by two people who were clearly under massive pressure and losing the plot a bit. All they did was repeatedly bark at me 'Where are you going ?, How many are you ? I will try for you !" - At one point I was told a transfer was 15 minutes away but this didn't transpire. Eventually I asked if I was better getting a Taxi and the rep admitted he could not get me a transfer. 1 hour wasted - I was not the only one walking away in disgust.

I then had to join a queue for a taxi that was an hour long - thanks for that SMS.

The return transfer showed up, I phoned them on the day and made sure they had my details but even then they had my name wrong (first and middle name rather than surname and for some reason though I had a baby with me)

Why are EBookers (Expedia) using this company ? Reading through other reviews my experience seems fairly typical.

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank David B
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Having booked Malta last minute I had little time to research getting to Gozo independently. The Jet2 rep, through who we booked, was great so we booked this tour. Do not do it.

The tour guide was very rude and was preparing to drive off and leave us at Gozo ferry terminal as we became split up from the group due to large crowds. When we found the coach, about to drive off, he shouted at us for not following him!

You are given nothing more than 20 or 30 minutes to look around the sights due to being taken to a 'craft centre' to buy local products. Clearly the guide makes money from this. Our visit to Rabat/Victoria consisted of being walked to a 30 minute film of Gozo and then being given 20 minutes to look around before being met back in the square.

The worst part was the all inclusive lunch. Taken at the grottiest restaurant with all the coach party shoved upstairs on trestle tables and then fed slop with little choice. The guide and driver were not eating here either which sends out a clear statement.

It was the first holiday excursion I have ever done and it will be my last. We hired a car the next day and I suggest you do the same.

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank EScattergood
SMSResortServices, Manager at SMS Group - S Mifsud & Sons Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear EScattergood,

Thanks for your comments.

Kindly can you contact us on tours@sms.com.mt with more details like date of tour and name of guide so we can investigate further.

We can assure you that we try as much as possible to find the best available guides in Malta to accompany clients on our tours.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

This company are lying extortionists who pray on the vulnerable to make money with ZERO consideration for ethics and decency.

As a disabled wheelchair user I was sat in front of my rep, who is also basically a salesperson for this disgrace of a company, in my wheelchair. I have never been to Malta or Gozo before so I was reliant on the information that I gained from this rep.

The Rep was perfectly happy to make his commission by selling me the full day tour of Gozo (Euros 58). On the day of the trip we went by coach to the ferry across to Gozo and were met by another coach. This proceeded to take us to the Ggantija Temples ( a wonderfully historic site) however this is NOT a wheelchair accessible site!!!

We then proceeded to the craft village of which the 2 shops that we visited had huge steps that required other guests on the tour to pick me up to get across the threshold and once inside I was unable to manoeuvre within the shop due to narrow isles.

Lunch was okay after the helpful fellow guests helped carry me once again over the threshold.

Then we moved onto Dwejra Cliffs where the Azure Window used to be, I was stuck in the car park for the duration of this trip.

Then onto the capital of Gozo, Victoria, where the main attraction is St. Gorges which... as you guessed it ... I could not access.

Having appealed to this company to recognise the lack locations that I could participate at. And asking for just a simple apology for unethically selling me this trip. I also asked for a 'small token gesture of good will' .

Their response was 'Well you spent the whole day out on the trip so no' 'nothing we can do' 'tough' '

My question is how was I supposed to know I could not access the various sites until I got there if the salesperson is unprofessional and unethical enough not to inform me prior to selling the tour to me??????

Date of experience: June 2017
SMSResortServices, Manager at SMS Group - S Mifsud & Sons Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Good Morning PhotoColin,

Please can you send me an e mail on nbuhagiar@sms.com.mt with name of rep and date of tour so we can investigate further.