Tal-Fanal Apartments
Hotels.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Family of 4 of us went here, basic room but large and everything we needed. Be advised though, buy fans as no air con and very hot. Wonderful pool, food in town restaurants was very tasty and high standard. We hired a car which allowed us access to the island. Beaches are quiet and beautiful. Would go back

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have always stayed at Ta Sbejha, which I highly recommend. This time, due to unavailability, we went to The Fanal Apartments, apartment no. 28. The first thing we noticed is long line ups of ants in the bathroom, which went even on the towels. When we returned in the eve, we found 2 huge cockroaches, which we had to kill. Nonetheless we were so afraid, and the following morning we went to buy a spray which we applied in the eve. That same eve, we found another 2 cockroaches, this time dead.
As with regards to cleanliness these apartments have nothing to do with Ta Sbejha. The latter is so clean but the apartments i must say are so dirty, they will spoil your whole weekend. Will definitely not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This is the 4th year in a row that my family and relatives have stayed at tal-Fanal and definitely the last. The service was never great to begin with but the pool area used to make up for this, although, this too has taken a great downfall.
The apartments are not well cleaned.
There were cobwebs in most corners of the walls and a nasty smell of sewage on arrival.
Lightbulbs that either didnt work, or were missing from light fixtures altogether.
Shower head in one bathroom sprayed water all over the place when you turned the tap on and the shower tray in the other was so soiled that we showered in our flip flops.
Most of the kitchen crockery is chipped and the inside of the chipped bits, all black and grimy - yuk
Bathroom towels were vile to say the least, thank god we took our own.
The pool water was not clean...dropped my sunglasses in one time and it took me a while to find them with the water being so murky
No pool lights at night and out of i think 4 or 6 outdoor lights by the pool, only 1 was working so pitch black outside at night.
Went for a swim one morning and another apt guest came to stop us and say the maintenance guy had just come to put chlorine in the pool...so we were sat waiting for over 1 hour not being able to swim....should'nt this be done at night??
What with all the lovely farmhouses we've stayed at in Gozo over the years, this place is not worth the money, at all.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Puxa1979
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I am very disappointed after having spent a weekend at Tal-Fanal Apartments. Me and my fiance' were residing at Tal-Fanal Apart. No. 28. We arrived there on Friday 04th September and left on Monday 07th September. Unfortunately as soon as we arrived on Friday night we found a coackroach in the corridor which my fiance' managed to kill with a broom. I am terrified of cockroaches and I can assure you that I was not happy with it. Anyways, we did not see any more at that stage. The toilet was utterly a mess. The WC seat & bowl were very dirty and the flushing was not working properly (there is a hole instead of the flushing lever/button). At around 1 a.m. we decided to go to sleep, but unfortunately both of us saw another cockroach in the bedroom which we found near the yard door. However till we went to get the broom we couldn't find it anywhere. We decided to try to sleep on the two seater in the living room. But there was no chance to sleep that night as at around 3 a.m. holiday makers that were residing in the apartment above us decided that it was the right time to do a party with full on music and sound.

In the morning the handyman of the residence was sent after my fiance' contacted the office and he tried to look for the coackroach which he couldn't find. We were offered to switch residence to apartment 29 or to residence no. 6 which we were advised had a mouse in it. Obviously we went to Apt. 29...we did not want any extra guests. We found this residence much more comfortable and cleaner. However on Sunday morning when I woke up, I found mouse droppings all over the plates that were left drying out on the sink, the window sill and the top of the cupboard. I couldn't believe it! So were ushered out of an apartment as they were coackroaches and now a mouse !! We couldn't find the mouse (obviously it goes out at night). The only place that the mouse could be hiding was under the cooker as there is no other open space that it can hide. As I was aware that all apartments were fully booked we couldn't do anything to change the apartment. On Monday morning (the day that we were leaving), we saw the mouse as we woke up early and saw it getting out from behind the fridge back to its hiding place under the cooker. We advised the handyman on Monday morning that there was a mouse but till we were there, he did not contact us again.

This was our worst weekend break in Gozo ever. It is the first and last time that we visited Tal-Fanal Apartments/Complex. I can understand that the complex is surrounded by fields, etc.. but I am sure that today there are ways and means to control these pests. I am sorry to say this but I feel that I have been ripped off as I literely paid for spending a weekend with pests! I am utterly disappointed about this.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Misspacha
Reviewed 30 September 2008

The place is gorgeous, tidy and clean. The swimming pools cater for all ages as there is a little 0.50m pool for the little ones that my 22 month old baby adored. The manager is so increadibly helpful. There is a little supermarket very close by and another supermarket in Victoria called St. Mary's. However, my favourite supermarket was a little one on the Marsalform road from Victoria, about 5 minutes drive from the Villagg. There is a little delicatessen shop in Victoria on the Church square. You will definetely need a car to go round the island (unless you are young and fit and prefer to ride a bicicle, which you can rent). On the down side, no bars/pubs walking distance so make sure you have drinks at home for the driver!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family