“Really fab little find.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lee Penn

Our self-contained apartment is part of a listed Georgian Farmhouse
Wood-burning stove, perfect for cosy nights in. Large traditional and comfortable sofa.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our self-contained apartment is part of a listed Georgian Farmhouse
Wood-burning stove, perfect for cosy nights in.
Large traditional and comfortable sofa.
Our french inspired bedroom with a Scottish twist!
Built in wardrobes provide ample storage space.
Fully equipped open-plan kitchen.
Our luxury shower-room with large walk-in shower and under-floor heating.
The Eastgate Theatre in Peebles
Neidpath Castle outside Peebles
Traquair House, the oldest continuously inhabited house in Scotland
Peebles on the banks of the River Tweed
Loch Skeen - just a taste of the stunning scenery on offer
Mountain biking at the world famous Glentress Forest
Friendly pubs
Have a pamper day at award winning Stobo Castle Spa
Autumn colors at Dawyck Garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Hannah W
York, United Kingdom
“Really fab little find.”
Reviewed 21 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

There are loads of things we loved about Lee Penn:
1) Super comfy bed and luxurious bedding
2) Excellent shower - very important after a day mountain biking
3) Really spacious
4) Wonderful log burner
5) Washer
6) Lots of crockery

We only had two negatives:
1) There was no welcome pack. There was nothing to suggest there would be so I can't complain. But in our experience, the best places we've stayed have had a complimentary basket with some local produce, maybe some eggs and a pint of milk in the fridge. We'd only travelled from Mabie Forest so dropping our bags and heading straight to the shops for supplies wasn't a problem but if we'd come straight from home I think we'd have been in desperate need of a cup of tea and a snack.
2) The apartment is over looked on two of the three windows - the area is really quiet so it wasn't a massive problem but it would make me think twice about going again.

That said, Lucy and David were excellent hosts and we really enjoyed our stay so would definitely recommend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Space, Log Burner, Shower
24 Feb 2016
Many thanks for your kind and useful review. For many years in other properties I did provide a welcome pack but found that generally many of the products got left and therefore wasted. Do you provide brown or white bread, margarine or butter? what flavour jam, tea bags - Earl Grey or Typhoo - I would leave semi-skimmed milk to find it left in favour of full-fat, a bottle of white wine left and empty reds in the recycling! - the list goes. In the end to reduce waste and overall costs I decided it would be best to leave tea bags, coffee and sugar and focus on keeping the rental rates down instead. Having compared the standard of accommodation with similar properties locally I believe I have managed to do this. I will certainly re-think the welcome pack idea though and see what I can do - certainly I agree a cup of tea and a biscuit is a must after a long journey - I do want our guests to be happy! I am glad you enjoyed your stay though and would love to welcome you both again.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
2 Nov 2015
Hi Hazel. Many thanks for taking the time to review Lee Penn. I am sorry you were disturbed by some neighbours during your stay as it is normally such a quiet place and I appreciate staying in accommodation which forms part of the main house is not to everyone's taste - we do try to make this clear in the Holiday Lettings entry. Anyway it was a pleasure to have you staying with us and I do appreciate your very positive comments regarding the interior. Thank you
Katrin737
Dortmund, Germany
“Such a beautiful apartment!”
Reviewed 8 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

The apartment is even nicer then in the pictures! The style is lovely! We loved cooking in the nice equipped kitchen and sitting in the livingroom in front of the fireplace... We had a great stay! And Lucy and her family are great hosts!

Only the Wifi is a little bit shy ;) But it was like that in almost every place we stayed in scottland during our trip, maybe the scots just have better things to do than to surf in the internet so it isn't that important for them :D
If you want to use the internet only use one device at a time and stay on the left side of the couch or sit at the table ;)

And I would love to have a radio so you could listen to music while cooking, but everything else was perfect! I would recommend staying there! And I hope we will come back some day! :))

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole apartment, the style, the bathroom, the kitchen, the bedroom... we loved everything!
Liked least: That i wasn't able to share pictures with my family because the wifi was really hard to
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
17 Jun 2015
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments. We do have BT infinity here so the wifi should be top notch but thank you for bringing it to our attention - it may be that the signal struggles getting through our very old thick walls at times. And perhaps it was too well disguised but there is a Roberts radio in the bedroom and of course digital radio on the TV for perfect reception.
Stewart C
Huntly, United Kingdom
“Really nice place”
Reviewed 31 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

The apartment was great looked exactly like it does in the photos. Brilliant place to relax after a days mountain biking. Lucy is also really friendly as well.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Catherine...
Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 6 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We came to visit family and needed somewhere local to stay. This place was perfect for our needs. Lucy the owner was lovely and really helpful if there was anything we needed. It was in a beautiful location, although I would recommend making sure you have a car, as it's in quite a secluded area. The flat itself was beautifully clean and decorated, as well as being well equipped. I would definitely recommend lee penn to anyone wanting a quiet getaway. I will also be recommending this place to other family members who need accommodation.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing